Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, I've been really busy with family affairs, with all of the kids(6) and grandkids(15 going on 16) I wind up with plenty of activities. In June my 6 year old grandson will be playing in a T-Ball tournament in Charleston, S.C. that I may be going to. Some days it gets tiring but they need the memories as much as I do. I'm also involved in a couple of other organizations that require a lot of my time, so, some days I don't jump on until late, but I do check in most days. Have to get my FTE, Pennsylvania Chapter fix.

Steve, I like the N.J. Chapter sticker. I have a pennsy one on my Bronco but haven't been able to get it into my computer to load it for the members to see. Others have offered to post it but I can't seem to get it out of my phone to send to anyone. Maybe in the next couple of weeks, I'll put it into my appointment calender to remind myself. I'm such a negligent C.L., maybe someone else should take the job

Old 05-27-2009, 06:41 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning PA....it's Hump Day.....
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Originally Posted by soondg
Hello everyone, I've been really busy with family affairs, with all of the kids(6) and grandkids(15 going on 16) I wind up with plenty of activities. In June my 6 year old grandson will be playing in a T-Ball tournament in Charleston, S.C. that I may be going to. Some days it gets tiring but they need the memories as much as I do. I'm also involved in a couple of other organizations that require a lot of my time, so, some days I don't jump on until late, but I do check in most days. Have to get my FTE, Pennsylvania Chapter fix.

Steve, I like the N.J. Chapter sticker. I have a pennsy one on my Bronco but haven't been able to get it into my computer to load it for the members to see. Others have offered to post it but I can't seem to get it out of my phone to send to anyone. Maybe in the next couple of weeks, I'll put it into my appointment calender to remind myself. I'm such a negligent C.L., maybe someone else should take the job
Thanks Joe, reminder to self "Self remember to remind Joe to upload picture" I'll see if I remember too....

Originally Posted by cbradford
I wounder if your daughter remembers who her nurse was.
No, she doesn't remember, all she remembers is the pain....

She did have a hard time and they brought him to the NICU nursery after her C-section. They do have a great staff there, I was glad she went there instead of Pocono Med Ctr.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:33 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by sddesigns
Good Morning PA....it's Hump Day.....
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Thanks Joe, reminder to self "Self remember to remind Joe to upload picture" I'll see if I remember too....

No, she doesn't remember, all she remembers is the pain....

She did have a hard time and they brought him to the NICU nursery after her C-section. They do have a great staff there, I was glad she went there instead of Pocono Med Ctr.
Yes a very good choice over Pocono

Old 05-27-2009, 08:07 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts
Joe - I filed that reminder away too...we'll see how long it takes for me to forget also

A little foglight adventure today - tried to change bulbs in the right side one, ended up taking the entire lens assembly out because the bulb broke off inside somehow. Good thing though, because I discovered, after carefully prying the face off, that the inside was scorched beyond repair. The base of the bulb was melted too. Power checked out fine at the plug, so I'm thinking the bulb was faulty. So, trip to the junkyard tomorrow and get a replacement lens...sigh.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:25 PM
plowin4u
Posting Guru
Good evening PA! How's everybody?

Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Last week I got a little good news that I thought I'd share. Now I'm the sort of guy who lives by the saying " don't put all your eggs in the same basket ". I use multiple banks, always have at least a little cash stashed, always have a couple of loads of scrap stashed and usually have a part time job in addition to my full time one. Not money hungry just like to have the proverbial ace in the hole. In March I got laid off from the shop where I was moonlighting. They lost 2 big truck fleets and just don't have the extra work. I scored a deal to service trucks for a local scrap metal outfit. 10 to 20 hours a week and more if I want it. Decent money with one fringe benefit. They have 3 locations and the shop I'll be working in is next door to their you pull it salvage yard. Roughly 2800 vehicles. Any vehicles in or out of that yard go past the shop.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:37 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Awesome, Clay...good to hear. And having the local you-pull-it salvage yard right there is a definate perk.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
plowin4u
Posting Guru
That's good news, excellent perk too!

Old 05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
soondg
Postmaster
A Pittsburgh meet is sounding better all the time. Get up there early, go to the yard next to Clay, then over to the stadium for some tailgating during the football season. Only other thing I'll need is a good hotel room, some man meds and my honey. Oh! forgot! and the Eagles to beat the Steelers.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:14 PM
plowin4u
Posting Guru
Good evening Pa, how you doing Joe?

Old 05-29-2009, 08:14 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by soondg
A Pittsburgh meet is sounding better all the time. Get up there early, go to the yard next to Clay, then over to the stadium for some tailgating during the football season. Only other thing I'll need is a good hotel room, some man meds and my honey. Oh! forgot! and the Eagles to beat the Steelers.
And you alllllmost got it right Joe....lol. More like the other way around...lol

Old 05-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 05-30-2009, 01:00 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Good Saturday afternoon PA. A little sunshine instead of all the rain of the past few days in the west at the moment...think I'll head out and get the grass cut while I can and then see what else I can get into.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good afternoon Bill, and all the PA gang, hope you all have a great weekend....

Old 05-31-2009, 01:08 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Good afternoon Pa., getting ready to watch the race

Quick Reply: PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed