PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:56 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by cbradford
Good afternoon Pa., getting ready to watch the race
Good Afternoon PA, hey Chris how's it going?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:24 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by sddesigns
Good Afternoon PA, hey Chris how's it going?
Steve, it's going OK, just hanging out in Maine watching the Cup race. I had a 68 hour week last week. Just one more week of he!! then back to normal I hope.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:05 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Steve, it's going OK, just hanging out in Maine watching the Cup race. I had a 68 hour week last week. Just one more week of he!! then back to normal I hope.
I guess the temps are a little cooler up there?

Old 05-31-2009, 03:18 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Steve, about 70 with some T-storms, what's it like down there

Old 05-31-2009, 03:25 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Steve, about 70 with some T-storms, what's it like down there
yup, same here except no t-storms...yet

Old 05-31-2009, 07:38 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening Pa., not much doing today, spent most of the day watching the speed channel. I TiVo the ones I want to use for later reference, for mods I can't afford. I have learned a lot from them though, once I had to make a repair on my wifes mini van and Two Guys Garage just happened to be doing a show on just what I needed, saved me a couple of bucks and a lot of time trying to figure it out myself.

My favorites are Gearz, Trucks and Extreme 4X4.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:45 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
Hey guys...quiet day here in the west too today. A much needed break for me, been on the run a lot this past week and been short-changed on sleep, so a nap was in order as well. I get to look forward to putting shocks on the truck this week - yippee!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 PM
soondg
Postmaster
I need to get my front drive shaft put back in and replace the drivers side front shock. Messed that stuff up when the radius arm broke in Englishtown.

I'm hooking up with a guy tomorrow who is going to help me rehabilitate my left arm, so hopefully I can start doing some of my own work in the near future. I don't expect 100%, I'll be happy if I can just do some of my own stuff.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by soondg
I need to get my front drive shaft put back in and replace the drivers side front shock. Messed that stuff up when the radius arm broke in Englishtown.

I'm hooking up with a guy tomorrow who is going to help me rehabilitate my left arm, so hopefully I can start doing some of my own work in the near future. I don't expect 100%, I'll be happy if I can just do some of my own stuff.

Hey Joe hasn't seen hide nor tail from you since Englishtown....hope you feel better after your therapy tomorrow....

Old 05-31-2009, 08:18 PM
soondg
Postmaster
It's not really therapy Steve, I've been to physical therapy and I don't like their approach to healing. They test you and say you've got movement or strength but their comparing it to some stupid chart. Like the insurance company saying a man 5'11"-6'0" should weigh 170 lbs.. I couldn't weigh 170 if I where a meth freak, trying to get to 220 is a full time effort. I weighed 190 when I met my wife and it took many hours of exercise and not eating to get there, not something I was capable of maintaining.

This guy is a personal trainer that belongs to another organization I've been involved with for the last 37 years. He's a partner in a gym around the corner from me and he's worked with other guys I know and has helped them tremendously. He also set the world bench press record for guys over 60 (500lbs), so he's able to work with guys who are used to having strength. I was born with a lot of physical strength so I never really had to lift, even though I did a little of it here and there. After the last few years of injuries and a lot of atrophy I need the training to get some of it back if at all possible, plus, being over fifty, the training will help bone and cardio strength.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:23 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

That's cool, sounds like a good plan.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:34 PM
soondg
Postmaster
This posting problem is really getting to be a pain in the ***. Either I'm being moderated or have to wait to post. I hope they get it straightened out soon, I know enough guys have complained and a ticket was sent so I'll be patient.

I'm looking forward to it Steve, even though I am a bit nervous. I haven't done anything in awhile and I really don't want to hurt anything and wind up with the pain I had. I have appointments with my ortho doctors this week for check ups and to get their okay. They had me stop what I was doing for fear of breaking what they fixed. I was getting some discomfort in the bone where they attached the new hip and the neck doctor told me not to do anymore neck exercises, it was tightening up to much and squeezing the spinal cord, so I'm planning on working the muscles around it and hopefully get a better balance in that area.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:41 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Yeah, when I went for PT before my spine surgery, they were trying to strengthen my core muscles, but because of the damage to the disc they couldn't do anything without causing pain so they stopped the PT.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:48 PM
soondg
Postmaster
I wish I hadn't laughed so hard at the old guys when they told me I'd feel that when I got older. Life has a way of biting you in the *** when you treat it disrespectfully, I really don't think I would have done much differently though, just have to remember that I don't heal as fast and things hurt more. I'm glad I have decent medical coverage

Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Hey, you know the warranty runs out sooner or later....

Quick Reply: PA chat thread for May....all B/S allowed