2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Damnit...2 days and I already got a problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM
welfarewagon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By now I would have been in jail, but since you didn't go that route the other option could be, you take the Expy to a body shop of your choice and they provided you with one of there "demo" Expys to drive until yours is fixed to your satisfaction or they buy yours back at full payoff and give you another one on there lot to choose from, or just got to another Ford dealer but then again Ive never been to Hawaii so I would assume you cant just drive a bit a run into another dealer.

Good Luck!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:07 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by welfarewagon
By now I would have been in jail, but since you didn't go that route the other option could be, you take the Expy to a body shop of your choice and they provided you with one of there "demo" Expys to drive until yours is fixed to your satisfaction or they buy yours back at full payoff and give you another one on there lot to choose from, or just got to another Ford dealer but then again Ive never been to Hawaii so I would assume you cant just drive a bit a run into another dealer.

Good Luck!
Easier said than done. You have to go through the BBB or hire an attorney. If you just pay out of pocket to get it fixed and ask the dealer to pay the bill you will be headed to court. If you win, you will have the luxury of trying to collect it.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:15 PM
welfarewagon
Senior User
Originally Posted by berry1234
Easier said than done. You have to go through the BBB or hire an attorney. If you just pay out of pocket to get it fixed and ask the dealer to pay the bill you will be headed to court. If you win, you will have the luxury of trying to collect it.

I meant that as if the dealer/Ford would have to pay for the bodywork since their own body shop seems incompetent of doing it right or to your satisfaction. I would ask to speak to the owner of the dealership not just the GM, explain your dissatisfaction in them and how they left you on the the line for weeks and telling lies about what is being done and how it was not finished yet even re-assembled correctly and that you no longer trust them to fix your Ford.
I would also tell them how you have been posting this problem on the Web, telling others around the globe how _____ Ford Dealer is treating their customers, might help your case.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:18 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
You just can't charge off to another shop and then turn around and ask the dealership to pay. You're just going to end up losing that deal because they'll then wash their hands and say "well, you went and got it fixed at your discretion and you didn't give us every opportunity to take care of it on our dime, so we owe you nothing." and you're out the expense and time of a new paint job. Just my 2 cents, but he's better off with the Ford Corporate complaint at this point and then doing what he has to do (whether that's Lemon Law or whatever other actions) once that's been exhausted.

ETA - your reply and mine came about the same time...I think you might be on to something but I wonder if that could come from the Ford Corporate complaint...take it to a shop that will fix it to his satisfaction and we'll foot the bill...

Old 06-11-2009, 03:34 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Originally Posted by welfarewagon
I meant that as if the dealer/Ford would have to pay for the bodywork since their own body shop seems incompetent of doing it right or to your satisfaction. I would ask to speak to the owner of the dealership not just the GM, explain your dissatisfaction in them and how they left you on the the line for weeks and telling lies about what is being done and how it was not finished yet even re-assembled correctly and that you no longer trust them to fix your Ford.
I would also tell them how you have been posting this problem on the Web, telling others around the globe how _____ Ford Dealer is treating their customers, might help your case.
I agree, talk to the owner if possible, be nice. Try all avenues then go with the lemon process.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:50 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus
22 damn days...for nothing.

According to Hawaii Lemon Law, they have 8 days left. I'm seriously tempted to pay the $50 fee and force a Buy Back
I STRONGLY urge you to just push for a buy back at this point. It does not sound to me like the dealer will be able to deliver to you the vehicle you deserve.

I hope there is another Ford dealer you can work with on your island for any future vehicles.

Good luck,
George

ps the first new vehicle I ever bought was a '78 F100 Flareside pickup. Silver. The bed had areas on it that had clearly been repainted at the factory, there was paint sheeting off on the inside of the rear pillars in the interior (they had to repaint those sections) and when the truck was about 5 years old, the paint started sheeting off the hood and the roof-eventually they ended up mostly primer. I have no patience for paint issues and would want a new vehicle to have a complete, properly done factory paint job.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:05 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
What stinks is even a factory paint job today doesn't mean much like it use to.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Talked to Forp Corporate this morning. Waste of my life over 30 minutes

Since the Factory Defects were repaired (door jambs), they are Officially saying "Not Our Problem". Referred me to the Regional Customer Satisfaction Team.

I'm going to visit the owner today. Maybe he'll help me

Btw, the wet sanding did a decent job on the small stuff. But all of my bigger patches are still an eyesore. She sure does shine in the sunlight

Old 06-11-2009, 04:28 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
I bet. Wet sanding should have removed any orange peel the factory paint had. The flatter the surface, the shinier it will be.

Are you in Oahu? I would assume you will be investing in a sun shade.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Btw, forgot to mention another shining thing

5/19...9:30
Dropped off Expy with 3/4 tank of gas @ 860 miles

6/10...6:05 PM
Picked up Expy with 1/4 tank @ 940 miles

WTF?

Old 06-11-2009, 04:43 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tylus
Btw, forgot to mention another shining thing

5/19...9:30
Dropped off Expy with 3/4 tank of gas @ 860 miles

6/10...6:05 PM
Picked up Expy with 1/4 tank @ 940 miles

WTF?
Wow, this needs to be brought up big time! Where did they need to take your car 80 miles?? Ask them to account for the 80 miles!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
gddyup
Senior User
Ask to se the written work order documentation. Not the sheet they give you at the end, but the actual work order the techs were using for your vehicle.

Mileage in and out should be written down for any movement of that vehicle off of the property. 80 miles is an aweful long way to go if your moving it from spot to spot on the dealer's lot!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:38 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
It sounds almost like they were using your Expy for a parts runner with that much mileage. I'd be bringing that up as well - where did that 80 miles come from.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Or one of the paint schlepps took it out for a joy ride.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Originally Posted by berry1234
Or one of the paint schlepps took it out for a joy ride.
my thoughts exactly
I dropped it off with the A/C off and all the seats folded down onto the floor

got it back with the A/C set to 60F, fans on full blast front and rear...and the seats were upright.

I lawyer'd up this afternoon. Got an appointment at 10:00 tomorrow to see what my options are...I love this crap

Quick Reply: Damnit...2 days and I already got a problem