1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

are some of us really dinosaurs ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:46 PM
HD74
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i take it you dont like obama??... why I mean i t makes no difference to me whos running your country but he seems better than the the last ******* just my humble opinion[/quote]

At least we get to pick our's. Canada the terrorist gate way to the USA.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep tried tire rack , several manufacturers sites , discount tire , even wally world . no luck . i may be looking in the wrong place , but c'mon . my complaint is not every one wants dubs or some other weird size on their vehicle , or the fancy tread patterns and high speed ratings . i want the bias plys basically for their looks ax . i dont drive the girl hard or fast so i dont see any issues when i do{ other than a lil' harsher ride maybe }, hades ask twise or stu , kids on tricycles outrun me on a regular basis when it's running .it's a lot of fun though being a grumpy ol' jurrassitol as the " kids " in the parts houses etc. run when i come stomping in .... dick is even better at scaring 'em ........ oh and hd i have watched this joker and how he operates as he unfortuneately is from here , and he seems to fancy himself the offspring of lincoln , jfk and the great dr. martin luther king . he's full of himself and it .

Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts
I will partake in no politics, but 15" tires are falling by the wayside. Which is sad, because everything I own has 15" wheels.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:24 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will be buying some 15'' tires soon for the 53.....and want to go as wide as possible in the back. I asked for L60-15s and the guy said........what? LOL
I am sure trying....but learning all these new tire sizes are ridiculous......anyway....good luck about the politics....I just want to talk trucks.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 PM
LiftTech
Senior User
See if you can find a small, independent tire shop. When I was looking for the 17.5 inch tires for my truck, I tried a lot of the big chains. The general response was "You want what? I'm sorry sir, that isn't a correct size. Did you read the numbers on the side of the tire?"

Called the local place that does my tractor tires, he had two different brands and two different tread patterns (all radials, no less) for me to choose from. Had them in their shop by the next afternoon. He got a kick out of ordering them, said he hadn't had any tires that size in almost 20 years.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Old F1
Cargo Master

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by HD74
Canada the terrorist gate way to the USA.
Well, I was going to stay out of this. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Woody should keep his opinion of other Countries to himself,........... but there has never been any substantiation of any kind that terrorists came into the USA via Canada.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:49 PM
woodyf1
Senior User
first off I am entitled to my opinion whether americans like it or not . Last i checked we are a soveriegn nation . However as far as i can see us canadians never got attacked by any terrorists thats your problem ..we are not the gateway maybe your foriegn policy has something to do with that .Tell me what difference your presidential selection has to do with me My economics are unaffected as Canada supplies alot of the natural resources you all seem to enjoy such as natural gas and oil to run our old trucks with let alone the lumber etc etc etc dont bite the hand that feeds you remember we are the only country that ever burnt the white house down

Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 627 Likes on 387 Posts
Boys, boys, boys... this is a truck board, not Politics 101. Let's leave it at the door and stay on topic!!

Old 04-24-2009, 08:54 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,728 Likes on 1,514 Posts
Originally Posted by Old F1
Well, I was going to stay out of this. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Woody should keep his opinion of other Countries to himself,........... but there has never been any substantiation of any kind that terrorists came into the USA via Canada.
I think that was a joke about our so called Homeland Security chief, Janet Napolitano. She said the Canadian border is as dangerous as the Mexico border!! She also said we should fear veterans, pro-life people and other conservatives!! She needs to resign or be fired.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:03 PM
HD74
Elder User
Originally Posted by woodyf1
first off I am entitled to my opinion whether americans like it or not . Last i checked we are a soveriegn nation . However as far as i can see us canadians never got attacked by any terrorists thats your problem ..we are not the gateway maybe your foriegn policy has something to do with that .Tell me what difference your presidential selection has to do with me My economics are unaffected as Canada supplies alot of the natural resources you all seem to enjoy such as natural gas and oil to run our old trucks with let alone the lumber etc etc etc dont bite the hand that feeds you remember we are the only country that ever burnt the white house down
Canadians all talk and no action.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
woodyf1
Senior User
americans braggers and bullies

Old 04-24-2009, 10:09 PM
twise
Senior User
checkout this site. i've looked at it and considering buying my tires from them.

Classic White Wall Tires - Vintage Tires - Redline & Redline Radial Tires for Antique and Classic Cars

Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts
Not a truck topic..... but the people on this Forum mean a lot to me..... It's stormy days,,, Let us support each other as best we can.

I'm Old School but this nonsense is killin me.... Our passion, our bloodied knuckes,,,,,, enuff of my dribble...

Old 04-24-2009, 11:07 PM
dongc1
Elder User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought 255-70/15 UNIROYAL Tigerpaw GTS tires less than a year ago. No problem to get them.

Attached Images   
Old 04-24-2009, 11:11 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,154 Likes on 831 Posts
Kevin, I almost forgot, have you tried Gear Works? They're just outside of Chicago. They sell a lot of the 'Bay and at decent prices. I don't know anything about them, other than what I've seen on the 'Bay but I thought since they're in your general area, well kind of, that you could try them and see what they have.

http://gearworksmfg.com/

Quick Reply: are some of us really dinosaurs ?????????