1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Finally...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:49 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally...

Finally I have one of the '53s in the shop for the tear down. I'm afraid there won't be much of the original trick left in the end with exception of the glass, the glovebox plate, a few body parts and a title. However, I think there will be a lot of parts up for sale or trade. I will try to post some pics of the tear down on my TRUCK WEBSITE.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:39 AM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the only thing left at this point from my original truck is the cab and even it might go if I find another one that looks better. I've need to replace the rear corners,firewall and all the glass.Was planing to work on the cab after I finish the chassis rebuild and have it setting on the chassis when I worked on it.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:31 AM
NOGM4ME
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave, enjoyed looking at your site....always fun to see what people are up to with their hobby/disease. My truck will have sheet metal from 7 different trucks. Looks like the bare cab, bare frame, front inner fenders, factory rear bumper/brackets and title is all the major stuff that made the cut. Been collecting parts for this thing for over 2 years now.......and that part has been a lot of fun. You meet some really cool and interesting people while searching for parts. Plus my boy's are car guys just like yours and it keeps us bonded together as a family and good friends....thats the best part.