2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Listen to this stupid horse-crap...thanks GEICO

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 AM
jsoko
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
USAA canceled me out for an at fault accident in '01

Old 04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
sorry to hear the way they treated ya man.... theres alot of them out there just wanting to scam people.. or make up reasons not to cover them...

(btw im not a geico customer either..)

Old 04-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Oldguy4
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is my two cents worth. Think about this. Any insurance company that spends that kind of money on tv advertising can't be competitive. So I assume geico wouldn't cover a Subaru WRX or STI either?

Old 04-09-2009, 11:12 AM
jsoko
Senior User
Progressive cancled my son when he added his wife
he has a Slowbaru STI
he is now with Esurance (lower rate)

Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
MrDumass
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it cost a lot for the charger and all, but why did you let the insurance company even know about it? To me that is part of the risk you take when adding mods. I dont think its fair that they canceled you, but I do think it would be fair to add a small amount to the premium, say a few bucks a month. And dont get me wrong, a charger would be badass on these trucks, but I can see where they would assume it was being used for racing as well. Its just not common on your average F150.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:47 AM
rcaddell
Junior User
Originally Posted by jsoko
Progressive cancled my son when he added his wife
he has a Slowbaru STI
he is now with Esurance (lower rate)
I did a quote with Esurance and they were consistently double the price of everywhere else.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
jsoko
Senior User
Originally Posted by rcaddell
I did a quote with Esurance and they were consistently double the price of everywhere else.
I guess it all amounts to a Crap Shoot

Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
carlos1212
Senior User
Originally Posted by MrDumass
I know it cost a lot for the charger and all, but why did you let the insurance company even know about it? To me that is part of the risk you take when adding mods. I dont think its fair that they canceled you, but I do think it would be fair to add a small amount to the premium, say a few bucks a month. And dont get me wrong, a charger would be badass on these trucks, but I can see where they would assume it was being used for racing as well. Its just not common on your average F150.
yeah that's the same thing I said. they are never going to find out about it. even if they see the engine, they still may not even notice it.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Matt983
Senior User
That's about ridiculous, I guess the gecko's their CEO and the cavemen are ins. agents....

My grandparents, my parents and myself have been with a little company called "Amica" and they can't be beat.

I don't know what their policy on forced induction is but their customer service is very impressive.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
spatts
Senior User
You have to get the "Dont Ask Dont Tell Policy" from Geico to quallify !!!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Pony Hauler
Senior User
tylus, give USAA a call. I have been with them for 6 years and haven't had any problems. Matter of fact I have almost everything thru them (ins., loans, auto loans, mortgage, etc.).

Old 04-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
dad said he wasnt surprised when i told him what they did to ya... he said hed heard about a guy that got his dropped when his car was hit in his own driveway... someone backed into it and hed reported the accident to his agent at geico.. they dropped him instead of taking care of it...

Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
4DOORSR
Senior User
INS companies are scum...I got screwed when I cancelled a policy once. They tried to say I didn't and charged me for 3 months. I paid....but then I got even....

Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by MrDumass
I reported my Charger because I wanted it covered in the event of the truck being totalled, or stolen.

Call me paranoid, but I'd rather be honest about it, than evasive and get caught...then dropped
as for risk...I don't want to blow my motor...but...if anything a blown motor could be alot of fun though. Give me a way to get forged pistons and a 15-20 psi capable bottom end
but yeah, I was fully prepared to pay a few bucks more per month for said coverage.

just look at my truck and clearly see it ain't a racer. I still have my OEM tires with 1/2 the tread life at 26,000 miles. it's a damn family hauler that sits up in the air
Originally Posted by Pony Hauler
tylus, give USAA a call. I have been with them for 6 years and haven't had any problems. Matter of fact I have almost everything thru them (ins., loans, auto loans, mortgage, etc.).
already did. 4 hours after I got my cancelation letter, I was a USAA customer. I don't play around with important stuff like that.
Just made sure to do some shopping around and checking if the other companies would cover my "mods"

which btw, many companies won't cover over 4" of lift on the suspension. And I fully intend to lift mine almost 8"

also, I have a bit of a temper. figured they could do without any more of my money. I'm also gonna do an Executive E-Mail Bomb on Geico Corporate. Their policy cost them my business, and hopefully the business of lots of other folks.

if I had been guilty of racing, or tickets, or an expired licence...I could fully see their actions as being correct and warranted.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
well dont worry bout letting others know.. i posted this on my other forums as well letting them know what happened to you... to me i think its a shame what they did to you really...

Quick Reply: Listen to this stupid horse-crap...thanks GEICO