Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Need some advice: V10 and pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:48 PM
BulletBob
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice: V10 and pricing

I have been driving Ford diesels for quite some time and know very little information about V10s or pricing models. I've been very pleased with my 2004 F250 CC 4x4 6.0L and it is still running smoothly.

To my request...I am in the market for a new F250 CC 4x4, for my wife (I'm keeping my 6.0L). She has been wanting one for quite some time. Given some of the crazy deals being offered for 2008 models, I figured it was time to take the plunge. I'm concerned about the 6.4L and some of the problems that I've read about so I started seeking out a V10.

The 2008 V10s (new) are few and far between!!! I finally found one a long way from home that fits the needs of my wife and has an MSRP of $44,500 (Lariat, loaded, etc). Any ideas what an "out the door price" should be for this truck? Mfr rebate is $7K plus maybe $500 here or there.

The reason I ask is that I am familiar with all of the " Diesel deals" around here in Texas. You can get upwards of $14K off MSRP OUT THE DOOR on 2008 6.4L models (Lariat, loaded). Should I expect the similar types of heavy discounts on a V10?

Really appeciate any help on this one. I need to pull the trigger on the V10 before it's too late (gone) and I'm stuck with 2009 models and very little discounts.

Best wishes,
Bullet Bob <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->