1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

snugger brackets from MidFifty

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snugger brackets from MidFifty

Has anyone used the snugger type rear bumper brackets from Midfifty? I ordered a set last week to hopefully tuck the bumper some. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Rodney, I trial fitted and painted a set of those black...though I"m using a pros-pick bed(it is a nice bed though..) , If I can remember right, the brackets pulled the bumper up to within 1/2" of the rear rail or bed crossmember. I liked the way it looked so much, I then went up front and whacked off about 2 1/4" off the frame horns,re-drilled mounting points, to tuck the front bumper in also...
I recommend the Mid50 brackets for a little different look. They are also a quality part, heavy enough to take a hit...but I'd be pretty pissed if that happens...LoL! You will be happy with them.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:58 PM
raerjim
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to remove about 1 1/2" from the downward angle of my rear bumper bracket and re weld which will pull it up and in.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 PM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the bumpers on these trucks looked good tucked in. I am planing on tucking my front bumper and going with a rollpan on the rear with a old bumper some how bolted behind it.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 PM
jaye
Posting Guru
I have them on my 55 the only issue I have is you can't use the license plate bracket with the tucked bumper, other than that I like it.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Originally Posted by raerjim
I'm going to remove about 1 1/2" from the downward angle of my rear bumper bracket and re weld which will pull it up and in.
I thought about that but the ears of my current brackets are kinda screwed up, until now I have been able to keep the bumper straight by giving the brackets a attitude adjustment.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:22 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts
Rodney,
I put a set on my truck last year. They work fine no problem. If you want I can post a picture tomorrow. Hey Got a buddy up this way looking for a 56' cab do you have any good ones back there around Ardmore?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Originally Posted by cmoritz
Rodney, I trial fitted and painted a set of those black...though I"m using a pros-pick bed(it is a nice bed though..) , If I can remember right, the brackets pulled the bumper up to within 1/2" of the rear rail or bed crossmember. I liked the way it looked so much, I then went up front and whacked off about 2 1/4" off the frame horns,re-drilled mounting points, to tuck the front bumper in also...
I recommend the Mid50 brackets for a little different look. They are also a quality part, heavy enough to take a hit...but I'd be pretty pissed if that happens...LoL! You will be happy with them.
Thanks, that is what I needed to hear. Are you using the stock tailight brackets? Looking at going up with bumper, the lights and tag bracket may be a sight issue.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
[quote=tacson;7246164]Rodney,
I put a set on my truck last year. They work fine no problem. If you want I can post a picture tomorrow. Hey Got a buddy up this way looking for a 56' cab do you have any good ones back there around Ardmore?[/quote

Thanks Don, the tailight bracket may be a issue after seeing all these replies (Thanks everyone) but I can handle that. I know where there are 2 complete 56 trucks about 2 miles from the shop, one looks solid but a long wheelbase and the other is flatbed but the top looks like someone did the cha cha on top but the bottom end, hood, and grill looks tight. I will check on them when I get back into town.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

I'm always looking for a chance to show off. Here is a picture with the hugger brackets.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Originally Posted by B/B ford
I'm always looking for a chance to show off. Here is a picture with the hugger brackets.

That will do just fine, looks great. I am running 53 /54 tailights on my 56 though, I should have enough clearance.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:44 AM
jaye
Posting Guru
As Wayne mentioned above tail lights aren't an issue but the license plate bracket will not work I ended up placing my plates on the tailgate. Awsome ride Wayne.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Steve Bennett
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
I tried cutting down my original brackets which were terribly pitted, but wasn't satisfied with the way it sat. I ordered the huggers from Mid Fifty and am completely satisfied with the quality and fit. They are being powder coated as we speak. Just make sure to attach the bumper to the bracket before installing unless you have an extremely small hand (ask me how I know!) I too cut the frame horns back for the tucked look up front. I am running a rool pan and rear bumper so mine is kinda different. Still in the building stage but that part is finished and looks great. Hope this helps. ps I'm old and technology challenged or I would attach pictures! Have fun, Steve

Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Okiedokie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is my tucked bumber with license bracket. Not the best shot but couldn't find the good one. Joe

Attached Images  
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 AM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Pictures do tell a thousand words(or give a thousand ideas)...

Wayne,..What did you do, or how did you mount your tag?
Custom bracket mounted to bottom of bumper? I"ve been tossing around a couple of ideas on building one,...but so far everything that"s gone thru my mind and onto paper in a sketch is WAY to over built...Not "simple" enough...yours looks gooand is the right place...I"ll drill into the bottom of a chrome bumper if need be..

Joe, What did those tailites come off of? what type stands? Looks Great!....just a little differentalso it"s a little hard to tell from that pic, but are those rear fenders widened??

...thoughts from the darkside, fuel for the cliff jump...
Chris

Quick Reply: snugger brackets from MidFifty