Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting to Get a General Idea of the Cost of a Good Paint Job

Old 09-15-2002, 09:51 AM
DeGideo
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm think of having my 1990 Bronco repainted sometime in 2003.It has the Victoria two-tone option,in Deep Shadow Blue Metallic & Bright Regatta Blue(paint codes MJ MG).It has minor rust around both rear wheelwells,and a small spot just behind the driver's door,on the bottom,just before the rear wheel area.Other than that,it is rustfree.I'm thinking somewhere in it's lifetime it had a repaint,because the paint still shines up good,but you can see an area on the one rear 1/4 panel that looks to have some previous work done to it.I know the tape stripes need replacing-either the factory,or whoever repainted it was in a hurry.....air bubbles in a lot of it.I don't want to go cheap,because I like my truck,and plan on keeping it.I want to stay around $1,200-1,500.I don't want/need a show truck paint job that costs $5,000 or more,just a well-done paint job that will last a good many years.Thanks for any advice.

Old 09-15-2002, 03:11 PM
Vampiro
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it all depends on the type of paint, and the work needed. a pint job requires a lot of work with 3 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint.

it really varies

Old 09-15-2002, 03:49 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hoping it doesn't need a lot of prep work.I'm thinking about using the shop that did the repaint of my 1993 F-250 4x4.That was a new truck,with a bad factory paint job on it.They charged the selling Ford dealership $1,300 and change for it,but that was a two month old vehicle,which didn't require any bodywork.They did a great job on it,so I'm thinking I'll get a rough estimate from them,then go from there.My 250 was a solid body color,too,so I know a two-tone job will cost extra $.That truck was Deep Emerald Green metallic.I remember hearing somewhere that darker color paints actually can cost more than lighter shades.