Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Found On Road Dead :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:46 PM
guitarpicr
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probly goes w/o sayin but wear some safety glasses.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:37 AM
PaYneR
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
As Ron said. Check for a break in the hose first, then you're looking where the lines attach to the head or to the HPOP. You can see where the hoses attach in Ron's first link. The seal will be a viton O-ring where the line connects.
also was told to fill with oil and watch where it leaks as someone starts it? ill do that after a good wash, then rewash and to work ill get

Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 AM
PaYneR
Senior User
haha safety glasses? more like a face shield! it'll be like going to work just without pay haha

Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 PM
PaYneR
Senior User
alright this is so difficult, so i washer her down today, put oil in, ran it tell it warmed up and then started to leak, i still cant find where the leak is coming from, though i believe its the line crossing over to the passenger side, also i started to remove parts as the instructions given have told me so, both up pipes hot and cold are full of oil? blown turbo? ill take turbo off as well to check quickly, its so hard to get to the lines with all the electrical connections and what not, but i should have it clean, and fixed soon, ill update soon, and take pictures.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you mean the IC pipes right?? the pipes from turbo to intercooler...the up pipes are behind the motor from exhaust manifold to the back of the turbo.. if you have not done the ccv mod..then some oil will be in the IC pipes..

Old 03-02-2009, 04:24 PM
PaYneR
Senior User
yes the ic pipes sorry, but quite a bit of oil was in there, i believe ill do a ccv mod and just run a tube down the back side of the engine, also i cant seem to figure out how to get the hpop lines off?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Jbrown8988
Elder User
just subscribing free bump!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
PaYneR
Senior User
alright, so i took all the wiring off and lines, left the hpop lines alone well took over the one crossing over to passenger side to inspect it, nothing visual, also the back of the hpop, i think its a drain plug? the o ring was right f'd maybe thats where i leaked all my oil out? or would it be something else, cause it leaked atleast 2.5 gallons cause i poured half a pail of oil into it and it came up to below add still so... :S help?

Old 03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Bubba828
Junior User
well they are high pressure lines. so depending on how bad the o ring was im sure its possible. replace it and go from there

Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 PM
PaYneR
Senior User
yeah running a truck shop, and ex heavy duty machine shop well still is kinda, plenty of o rings of all sizes, i found the proper one put it on, ill put it together and test it out, like would the plug rear side of engine, dirver side of the hpop if it had a f'd o ring would it leak all my oil? also if all my oil drained the back of my engine, would my clutch be full of oil?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:37 AM
JockD
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
short answer is yes, you should have lots of oil in the clutch. It all depends on how tight the metal-to-metal joint between the bell housing, engine, and adapter plate fits. The fact that you have very cold weather would help.

Pull the inspection plate in front of the flywheel and see how oily it is in there. If it isn't too bad, spray a half-case of brake cleaner up there. If it is real oily, buy two cases of brake cleaner! Not much to lose.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 AM
PaYneR
Senior User
well, as it was going, i felt that if i gave it gas it was like my clutch was slipping, like rpm went way up but i didnt accelerate so i have to change the clutch your saying?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:16 AM
PaYneR
Senior User
ill do that, hopefully its not to to bad, thanks for advice, so o ring where i described would lose oil? thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 03:00 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
in my first link that I posted..it shows the most common places for oring failure..you need a tool to pop the lines off but you can just take the fitting out of the pump with the line hooked to it...there is also a plug that is non serviceable..this can be fixed..if that's your leak.let us know..it can be fixed with parts from another pump..the oil you lost can get to the clutch making it slip..you can try to burn some of it off..but a clutch will soon be needed...

Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
PaYneR
Senior User
alright thanks, ill check the clutch out today, and its the "end plug fitting" oil ring the was toast, i put a new one on ill check if that solved it, also i just undid the line crossing over to the passenger side, i never saw the spring in the hpop side of the line? possibly stayed in the pump? but i also replaced the o rings on the line though they were still in good condition

Quick Reply: Found On Road Dead :(