Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Ford now

Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.
All Ford now

I not one to be a " ______(insert brand here) guy" but I am currently an all Ford guy. My wife and I bought our friends 2006 Explorer Limited this weekend. We needed a small SUV that was a seven seater for less than $15k. Kristen was the only owner and her Dad owns the local Ford dealership, so we know it was taken care of as far a service and maintainance. It has 40k miles (black), black leather, 4x4, nav, dvd, etc. 5yr - 75k mi Ford factory extended warranty and new tires. Anyway after a weekend of driving it we really liked it. It drives great and its roomy enough for our family, now we can throw one kid out in the 3rd row. We spent a week looking for something that would fit what we wanted and figured if we bought something new it would $30k. The Explorer is practically new and well taken care of and comes with the remaining 2.5yr 35k mi warranty. So after shopping around and realizing we couldn't beat the deal($14k) we jumped on it. There were a few on ebay and craigslist that were a little cheaper, but I told her they were not fully loaded like the Limited and didn't have Nav and DVD. Once we compared the options and price we were sold. Heres to many hopefully pain free miles

Old 02-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
Good for you. We own a 2003 Explorer XLT and love the 3rd row and room for what we do. Much better than the older model Explorer's in my opinion.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.
since my camera was stolen heres a link to a review with some shots....(mine is all black)
Full Test: 2006 Ford Explorer Limited

Old 02-23-2009, 01:24 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..
papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Sounds like a great deal! I'm hoping to go look at a CC F350 Dually after work today... this one has the same white/tan paint of your rig! Do I need a Dually... no.... do I want it... yes..... hahahaha... will I keep Nyx.... yess..... DUH!

I'd like to see some pics of your new toy. Black on black is a rare combo and looks pretty sharp! Congrats again!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
You know what I have a video cam that take pics too. I will post some tonight.....good luck on your F350

Old 02-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.
Nice. All Ford here, too. My truck and the wife has 2005 Freestyle.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM
03F2507.3
Senior User
03F2507.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am all diesel if that means something. Jetta TDI for my massive amounts of highway driving and my 7.3 for fun. I have to buy my wife something else but cant find her what she wants. She only drives 5 miles a day, so I dont mind her driving my truck

Old 02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
03F2507.3
Senior User
03F2507.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
HAHA Id be sleeping on the couch for a year!!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:56 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend
jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
We were trying to get an Escape for my wife but we got a good deal in a Saturn Vue... congrats on being all Ford!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
I guess I should fess up, I has a POS Honda Accord for my daily beater (driver) and three Fords, the PSD, the Exploder and the hot rod Mustang in the garage.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:49 PM
fxstbchopper
Posting Guru
fxstbchopper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fxstbchopper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am brand loyal I have never owned anything but Fords. When my wife needs a new vehicle I always tell her there is only one criteria I have it has to be a Ford.

Congrats on the all Ford household...

Old 02-23-2009, 08:25 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
here are some pics

Old 02-23-2009, 08:32 PM
fxstbchopper
Posting Guru
fxstbchopper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fxstbchopper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice very nice looking Explorer I really like look of it and the all black inside and out.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Nice Explorer. I like the stick shift on the console.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All Ford now

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.