1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Lift Install Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:18 PM
97biostroke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Install Tips?

Well guys n gals I bought some goodies friday. Heck of a deal, under $900 for a 6" skyjacker suspension lift, including shocks, drop pitman arm, steering stabilizers, etc. The back is blocks and add-a-leaf instead of the new springs (budgetary constraints), but I can deal. This is my first suspension work project, and I'm pretty excited. So anyone got any helpful hints or tips? Its an F-250 so its got the independent front suspension. I'm used to working on 30-60 year old tractors, so I'm no stranger to rusty nuts and bolts. I've got a good torch, impact wrench, jacks, blocks, stands, and even a forklift. Anything else you can think of? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:33 PM
heathrunkles
Senior User
What class lift ? I or II? The II drop bracket is a beast. I found that I my engine had sagged down a bit and I could not get some of the bolts out of the top of the crossmember. So 2 of the four bolts are old.

Under $900 with shocks is awsome. I got a 4" but no shocks for the same.

The pitman arm is the only thing I had problems with. Take a grinder and cut a slot in the old one and it pops right off.

Good luck

Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 PM
97biostroke
Senior User
I'm thinking class 2. If not I have the capabilities to beef up the bracket. Hopefully I wont have any problems, but according to the laws of physics something will not go as expected.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:37 PM
heathrunkles
Senior User
The class I brackets have to be bolted and then welded to the crossmember as well. I wasn't big onthat idea.