Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

How Much Coal Do You Roll???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:00 PM
61 uni
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gatlingburg cops suck. I don't see how they can give you a ticket. My truck didn't come with a cat, has the muffler and they don't check emmisions anyway. Reckless driving for spinning the tires, yes but soot, I can't understand that one. I haven't seen my new truck blow smoke yet My 96 would stock.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:58 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It started when some dodge guys were cruising the strip one day at the Rod Run in Gatlinbug and they were sooting the people on the sidewalk.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:05 PM
tylerp
Junior User
Originally Posted by 61 uni
Gatlingburg cops suck. I don't see how they can give you a ticket. My truck didn't come with a cat, has the muffler and they don't check emmisions anyway. Reckless driving for spinning the tires, yes but soot, I can't understand that one. I haven't seen my new truck blow smoke yet My 96 would stock.

reckelss driving because it can blind cars behind you making you a road hazard...
like i said though... only reason they would lay that one on you is if you get an attitude with them... thats NEVER a good idea...lol

would now be a good time to mention i work for Georgia State Patrol?? lol

Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,998 Likes on 1,188 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerp
reckelss driving because it can blind cars behind you making you a road hazard...
like i said though... only reason they would lay that one on you is if you get an attitude with them... thats NEVER a good idea...lol

would now be a good time to mention i work for Georgia State Patrol?? lol
hehehe, is that why most cars choose to drive around that cloud I left? I dunno why that cracks me up so much. Only happens when I 'forget' its in the high HP setting, right?

I can totally see cops in g-burg/s-ville being 'forced' to write tickets because of a-holes like that. For those who've never been there, its a long strip w/lots of pedestrians close to the road. Generally lots of traffic so no-one is going fast. I always joke the food vendors there should comp my meals since I'm giving everyone on the sidewalk the munchies w/my french-fry smelling exhaust!!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are STUPID enough to smart off to a cop. Especially when they KNOW they f-ed up, be it speeding or not using a turn signal or whateva - suck it up! I am always humble and give officers the respect they DESERVE and that alone has probably saved me at least a few tickets over the years... I've found that most cops are nice folks with a tough (and dangerous) job.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 PM
tylerp
Junior User
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
hehehe, is that why most cars choose to drive around that cloud I left? I dunno why that cracks me up so much. Only happens when I 'forget' its in the high HP setting, right?

I can totally see cops in g-burg/s-ville being 'forced' to write tickets because of a-holes like that. For those who've never been there, its a long strip w/lots of pedestrians close to the road. Generally lots of traffic so no-one is going fast. I always joke the food vendors there should comp my meals since I'm giving everyone on the sidewalk the munchies w/my french-fry smelling exhaust!!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are STUPID enough to smart off to a cop. Especially when they KNOW they f-ed up, be it speeding or not using a turn signal or whateva - suck it up! I am always humble and give officers the respect they DESERVE and that alone has probably saved me at least a few tickets over the years... I've found that most cops are nice folks with a tough (and dangerous) job.

thats it. let a few idiots make it to where the rest of us cant have fun...lol

and THAT is an uncommon outlook on cops... but greatly appreciated i must say!! seems that now days, if you wear a badge, you're the bad guy...

but back to the topic, LETS SEE SOME MORE SMOKE, cause there aint no law against it in Georgia!!! lol

( and JDecker, check local laws, see what the min. height is for smoke. big rigs smoke too. but the smaller "minivans" have side exit exhaust and they smoke too, your truck may be high enough to make it legal to roll all the coal you want too... cant argue with the law's clearly labled exclusuions!! lol)

Old 02-21-2009, 11:11 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
This is in my drive you can see I'm already on the binders.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Hmmm, I need to get my camera out. I about turned my truck sideways today (wet road) stomping on the pedal at 35mph today. It left such a cloud of smoke, traffic going the other way almost came to a stop because they could not see the road ahead. I should give myself a ticket for that, but I gave myself a warning instead.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:13 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

I think our local laws are good Knoxville never really seemed to care that much I tend to blow a bit down there especially when someone acts stupid. But if I am driving down 11W (VERY LONG STRAIGHT 4 WAY) If I find a truck that has some mods I'll try to blow a little smoke and play with them.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 PM
tylerp
Junior User
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
Hmmm, I need to get my camera out. I about turned my truck sideways today (wet road) stomping on the pedal at 35mph today. It left such a cloud of smoke, traffic going the other way almost came to a stop because they could not see the road ahead. I should give myself a ticket for that, but I gave myself a warning instead.

lol, there you go. never be too hard on yourself. lol

Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, tomorrow we will get a pic of smoke. I never had anyone that could do this while I do a smoke thing. Chad said he will take a pic for me.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:31 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by miller_feed
OK, tomorrow we will get a pic of smoke. I never had anyone that could do this while I do a smoke thing. Chad said he will take a pic for me.
Sounds like another thing to add to our "to do'' list for tomorrow.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:31 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Lets see the big dually roll some coals now Rick show us what SS Stage IIs and live tuning can bring us.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
I should give myself a ticket for that, but I gave myself a warning instead.
Bahahahahaha!

Stewart

Old 02-22-2009, 07:58 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its a OBS truck but i bet its hard to roll coal with this set up..count em up...3 turbo's...

Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
That is insane. Is that dzljim?

Quick Reply: How Much Coal Do You Roll???