1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Injector questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:34 AM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector questions...

so guys, i am considering stage 1 injectors. however, i have some questions as always.

1.Fuel mileage-what kind of loss should i look for a)towing b)cruising

2.EGTS-i have no intercooler. with chip in tow, what should i expect?

3.HPOP-i have never had HPOP trouble, but how will my stock one hold up with stage 1's

4.Power-what to expect?

I saw Tony has stage ones for $850. is that a good price, or can i find them better?

Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First off I have stage II's but I will try to answer some of these based on my experience with II's

1. I lost 1.5 mpg cruising at 65-70 mph. Not sure on tow as I never check mpg with tow because there are too many variables.

2. My egt's went up and I was afraid to tow without cooler. Now, with a cooler, I tow 15,000 all day long in the mountains even.

3. You should be fine with stage I's I would guess. I am fine with my 17° pump with my II's.

4. not sure on I's withg power but my II's were great. I mean unreal power.

As for buying them I would gfo nowhere but to Rosewood diesel. You can get II's from him with the budget build for around your $850 price. Stage I's are even cheaper.

Take yours out on a weekend send them to Jim on Monday and you will probably have them back by Thurs or Friday.

Jim is THE man

Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 AM
MagKarl
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jim Rose gets my vote as well. My 1's were about $500 and he's super helpful when it comes to explaining anything you ask. The addition of my IC was a huge towing benefit. I could not control my egt without slowing down, shifting down, and turning my chip down. Now I can flog my rig mercilessly and stay below 1200. For me that means 2500 RPM and 20psi boost and I can hold that up pretty much any hill around here, and the long ones are ~10 miles. One down side, my towing mileage has gone down since I added the IC, makes sense to me since I can now utilize more fuel and run it a lot harder. I average 16-18 mpg empty, 19 if cruising. I still have 15 deg hpop and have no problems but I don't use my top chip setting, I have no need for that kind of speed, power, or smoke.