Notices

Fender Flares

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 05:15 AM
JoeMarine
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fender Flares

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-Sep-01 AT 11:26 PM (EST) by dust3 (moderator)[/font][p]Just took delivery of my F-250 2 wheel drive and noticed that the tires throw sandy water (in Florida, no less! Whoda guessed?) up on my dark blue paint and on the side mirrors.
I've been looking at Bushwackers that go out about 1 3/4" to help reduce this. Anybody have suggestions? I don't think I'll go the knobby, mud-slinging tire route, so I don't want the extreme flare model or the look, either. Just want to keep my new friend as presentable as possible. Also, any ideas on mud flaps (no chrome women or Yosemite Sam's)

Old 09-10-2001, 09:06 PM
superdutyspv
Senior User
Fender Flares

2000 F-250 Super Duty,SC,LB,V-10,TRAILER
TOWING PACKAGE,4X4,ORP,373's
Ford grille guard,bug shield,window
weather guards,power sliding rear
window,wood grained dash,GoRhino! wheel
to wheel SS tubular running
boards,fender flares, Daws
Better Built tool box and diamond brite
tonneau, Manik tail light gueards, and a
K&N air filter. More to come.

And now a 1999 Harley-Davidson Fatboy
Laser Red Pearl with a Street Stalker
kit. (Headlight, dash, and rear fender.)
80 ci (1340cc)

HI. When i ordered my 2000, I ordered Ford fender flares and mud flaps. My fender flares were on back order, and so they put Ford mud flaps on. They were great! THEN mjy fender flares came in, and the mud flaps were incompatible with the fender flares, because of the way they were mounted. The dealer told me that snow would rip them right off my truck. I live in South Dakota.

Old 09-11-2001, 04:53 AM
JoeMarine
New User
Fender Flares

Yeah, I gather with all the reading that fender flares need to go on first. Here in Florida, snow ripping off mud flaps is not a problem. Of course, one must be careful about running over large snowbirds!
Always love to see nice Harleys. Wife would kill me if I ever tried to get serious about big bike so I stick to my current toys.
Love SD! Used to spend summers in Vermillio as a kid. Go Coyotes!

Old 09-14-2001, 10:52 AM
Hellrazor
Freshman User
Fender Flares

http://www.cabelas.com/texis/scripts/store/+/CatalogDisplay/displayPOD/CabFALL1998/CabFALL1998/XA928O?format=search

I installed those on my 2001 F250SD 4x4. Install was not too bad, its screws and 3m tape. The screw holes were not predrilled, but if you have some decent skill you can drill them to match up to the existing holes for the fender well shields.

Old 02-12-2002, 06:41 AM
fordatlast
Senior User
Fender Flares

I live in florida also. I put mud flaps on and they don't stop that mud from florida rain either.. I have to clean my truck after each heavy rain.

Old 02-12-2002, 07:55 PM
smclaren
Freshman User
Fender Flares