Sponsored by: Moser

new 6 speed tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:41 PM
cpdorroh
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
So then using your logic, there is absolutely no way to ever get the same amount of fuel into a vehicle ever again when you fill up, correct? Funny, I fuel at the same Flying J, at the same pump, facing the same direction, every time I get fuel. If I run until the low fuel light comes on, I consistently get 27 gallons in my tank. I've never had to shake the truck, do cartwheels, jump up and down, stand on my head, or anything like that.

I had thought about posting some smartass remark to insult your intelligence, but I realized that wouldn't accomplish anything. All I know is that I have never been able to consistently hand calculate the same fuel mileage in any truck I have owned.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:52 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by cpdorroh
I had thought about posting some smartass remark to insult your intelligence, but I realized that wouldn't accomplish anything. All I know is that I have never been able to consistently hand calculate the same fuel mileage in any truck I have owned.
Wouldn't do any good anyways - I'm pretty thick skinned. All I'm saying is that my fueling process is consistent as is the amount of fuel I put in my truck. I'm big enough to admit there can be variance in anything but to even assume it is impossible to hand-calculate is unfair. Now, if I were fueling at several different stations on inclines, etc., I could see your point. That is not the case though. I haven't traveled too far lately so the past 7 or 8 tanks I gotten have been at the Flying J here in the same process as previously mentioned.

No hard feelings as I meant none in the first place. I forget that some people are more sensitive than me.. at least that's what the wife says. It's a wonderful country we live in where we can agree to disagree.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 PM
cpdorroh
Elder User
Wouldn't do any good anyways - I'm pretty thick skinned. All I'm saying is that my fueling process is consistent as is the amount of fuel I put in my truck. I'm big enough to admit there can be variance in anything but to even assume it is impossible to hand-calculate is unfair. Now, if I were fueling at several different stations on inclines, etc., I could see your point. That is not the case though. I haven't traveled too far lately so the past 7 or 8 tanks I gotten have been at the Flying J here in the same process as previously mentioned.

No hard feelings as I meant none in the first place. I forget that some people are more sensitive than me.. at least that's what the wife says. It's a wonderful country we live in where we can agree to disagree.
Point taken. You have eliminated as many of the variables as possible, which is probably why you get consistent readings. I should rephrase my statement to say "Hand calculations may not be that accurate if don't take into account those variables." No hard feelings form here either... it can be really difficult to read someone's tone over the internet.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:03 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by cpdorroh
No hard feelings form here either... it can be really difficult to read someone's tone over the internet.
Agreed. And a lesson I have had a hard time learning over the years is that lots of the time, it's the recipient's perception that counts. Again..the wife.

Last edited by powerstroke72; 02-17-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,252 Likes on 822 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
Yes I know that Tim, 14 city and 18 highway. But didn't you see how I capitalized "CITY" after 18mpg in my post above? That guy claimed he gets 18mpg city driving! That is total bs, no way a F150 gets 18mpg in all city driving.

I have the same engine and axle ratio and I get 11 to 13mpg all city driving in my 04 4x4, and I have gotten 18mpg and even 19.1 all highway driving once.
I'm sorry, I didn't notice. Thanks for the correction.

Tim

Old 02-17-2009, 05:03 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,252 Likes on 822 Posts
Agreed. And a lesson I have had a hard time learning over the years is that lots of the time, it's the recipient's perception that counts. Again..the wife.
I come across like a complete jerk all the time, never meaning to. I hear that at home a lot too. House full of females. I'm the only one that stands to pee!

Tim

Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 PM
pkvir
Senior User
Originally Posted by tseekins
I come across like a complete jerk all the time, never meaning to. I hear that at home a lot too. House full of females. I'm the only one that stands to pee!

Tim
I feel your pain brother. Me too

Old 03-17-2009, 01:51 PM
BlkF1509
New User
I love the tranny. I can roll at 65mph (HWY) at around 2100 rpm... I LOVE IT.