Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tried all suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Coastie6
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tried all suggestions

Please refer to my original thread about truck stalling and 211 PIP code. I have replaced the TFI Module and Pickup Coil. After reassembly and timing I am now getting the 212 error and it runs like crap misfires and un-drivable. If you disconnect the spout connector she will run. Please help, I feel the truck is now worse than before at least it ran fine until it stalled!

Frustrated!!

Previous post
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...95-5-0ltr.html

Old 02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Sportruk
Senior User
Code 212 - Loss of IDM input to EEC or SPOUT circuit grounded.
Check the wiring and plug end terminals. Since you moved the wiring around, changing parts, you might have disrupted a bad connection.
Did you set the timing with the SPOUT unpluged?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Coastie6
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Sportruk
Code 212 - Loss of IDM input to EEC or SPOUT circuit grounded.
Check the wiring and plug end terminals. Since you moved the wiring around, changing parts, you might have disrupted a bad connection.
Did you set the timing with the SPOUT unpluged?
I did not do the timing or replace the pick up coil replacement, a mechanic did. But yes, the mechanic said the SPOUT was unplugged when he timed it and when he plugged it back in it ran like crap. He's at a loss and he wants me to pick up the truck and get it home with the SPOUT disconnected. Any suggestions on which connections to mess with other than the SPOUT connection?

Old 02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Coastie6
Cross-Country
Just came from the mechanic (he is a friend). Here's the deal. with the SPOUT plugged in the engine advances without giving it much throttle. With the SPOUT disconnected it runs better. We pulled codes and got KOEO 111 (no codes), Continuous 211, KOER 111 (no codes). What the heck! We ran a test to check to see if ECM is causing the PIP error. There was voltage on pin 8 of pick up coil wire with key in run and while cranking. Pulled voltage from pin 1 of pick up coil wire with ECM disconnected 1 V tests OK, then we disconnected the TFI module and got the same reading, so according to Hanes manual then neither is the problem. The manual brings you back to the pick up coil. Guess it's possible that the new one is bad. As I said, I did not get the 212 code before the pick up coil was replaced, only the 211 code. The wiring connections all seem good. Again, any suggestions with this new information?

Old 02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Coastie6
Cross-Country
Thumbs up Resolved!

We just figured it out. We got another pick up coil and when we went to install it found that my friend the mechanic had pinched the wires on the first new pick up coil when he installed it. New pick up coil is in and it's idling just fine. Now let's hope the original problem PIP error is resolved with the new TFI module and pick up coil. Thanks to all who have helped. I hope I won't have to post on this issue again.

Cheers!