Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Rider/Driver wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:04 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like this is still a maybe. It could still be a wash at the last minute. But if I get word in time I plan to leave Wichita Thursday May 21st and spend that night in Pueblo, CO. Then meet up with everyone to camp at Sago, UT Friday night May 22nd. The Ghosts of Sego Canyon - 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine Saturday will be a stop in Green River then move down to Robbers Roost East of Hanksville, UT. Sunday there is a hike planned. Then maybe a drive down the The Flint on Monday. From there it is even more maybeish. Might go somewhere I don't know about. Or over Bears Ears. Or back down Nokai Dome rd. Then maybe finish the week up in the San Juans doing a snow canal run. I still have a open seat. But I may not know for sure if this is going to happen till the 22nd. And I won't leave till I know. So I may have ta play catch up. If you like to drive a high clearence truck with no sway bars and a rear locker on the highway without cruise control yer welcome to drive as much as you want. I have driven most all of the trails we will be on so you are welcome to drive those also.

Now I will stay in a motel the first night. And then camp most every other night. This is not my trip so it will most likely change many times and much of it will be made up as we go and I'll just follow the others.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Rescue!!!!

Larry was unable to make the trip. That was awfull far for me to go just for a weekend. So Mike decide to do solo run. He took his truck and pulled a trailer with a motor cycle on it. He found a place to play a little. He road 8 miles in. It rained every day and he could not get the motor cycle out so he left it. He hiked 8 miles out. He started to leave and a wheel locked up on the trailer. So he had to leave the trailer. He plans to go back next weekend to get everything and is looking for some help.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Belle Fourche, SD?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
What's in SD?

Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Same thing as in Montanna, Wyoming, and Utah. http://www.off-roadweb.com/adventure...kid/index.html

And maybe me next week. Anyone want ta drive?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
well, the desire is there.... but I am leaving on a jet plane tomorrow for two weeks in Ohio.. don't suppose that there are any trails you are gonna hit in Ohio say...next sat and sunday? LOL!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I don't know. Most likely I won't know where or when till it's over. But that's the nature of it. Larry has an idea for an adventure and I just tag along. I like getting out seeing remote parts of the country. So I just get ready and see what happens. Most times it changes many times or never happens at all. Right now what I know is Larry is thinking about starting in Belle Fourche and following the get a way route to Hole-In-The-Wall. Then maybe a treck to Red Lodge and some other stuff thrown in. No use ta remember much of the plans as they change most of the time.

I just follow him around and then read about it later. I'm pretty low drag for others. I have everything I need with me. I really enjoy just driving around seeing new places. And some of the old ones.

Delorme says it's 780 miles from my house. That's more miles than I can do on the 2 lane roads I will need to drive to get there. So I'm thinking of a stop at Valentine, NE to get a room on the way up. Or if I get out of town late then maybe stop at Phillipsberg, KS or Holdrege, NE. If I had a driver we could make the run in one day and camp near Sundance, WY.

But ya never know. With an overdrive gear back in Green I might be able to eat up a bunch more road now. I should have more info Friday.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:09 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Jack, have you ever stopped at the Fur Trade Museum in Chadron? I was there back in the early 80's. It is kinda cool and wouldn't be much out of your way. I think they are having fur trade days this next weekend up there if you go that way. You would probably enjoy it if you had time.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Never been there. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
They have a web site. Just do a search on Chadron and fur trade museum.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Yup! I saw that. Just have to see if'n I go this time ur not.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I have a Green light for Saturday mornin ifin anyone wants ta ride ur drive.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
I'd like too bu that whole work thing gets in the way.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:05 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Yup I know how thet goes. This will be my first and most likely only trip out this year. May not be any different next year.

Saw over on Rick's Board thet they are doing the San Juans for the third year in a row the first of September. Doubt if I can afford to make that. Might be able to do a spring Utah trip next year though.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:25 AM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man If I had ANY vacation at all I would be gone with ya man!!