Heater?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Shukachini
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heater?

Alright guys, I'm new on this site, and so far its the best thing I've found on the web. My grandad gave me a 1946 Ford 1/2 ton pickup 6 years ago or so. I am restoring it with few modifications. One thing that come with the truck,and that I can't figure out is the heater. I don't even know if the 46 came with a heater, and I can't find a replacement core, mine is beyond repair. Anyways, ya'll seem to be a wealth of knowledge, thanks for the help.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:44 PM
petey shoes
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the site. truck should of had heater. garnish moulding on windshield should have defroster vents. i use a 50's arvin in my 42. gets pretty warm, quick. need more info on problem. is core rotted out? got a brand name?

Old 01-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Shukachini
New User
I assume the core has a bunch of holes in it. I took it to a radiator repair shop along with my radiator and the guy was able to fix the radiator, but he never said what was wrong with the core. I could not find a brand name on it, anything specific to look for as far as identifying it goes?

Old 02-01-2009, 04:24 PM
petey shoes
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not intimately familiar with different cores. would think pertinent info would be on heater case itself. there was a thread on heaters on 48-60 forum. check it out. has pictures to identify heater. might see yours.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Shukachini
New User
I will try to upload some pictures tonight.