Sponsored by:

2000 Limited 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:28 PM
tow0369
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2000 Limited 4x4

Ok I will try this again seeing as my last post disappered into the void.
I found a 2000 Lim 4x4 for 8400 The guy had just put new blistein shocks, and has complete set of Bridgestone blizzard studless snow/ice tires, on a extra set of factory rims. It is a V-10 70k says the Oil changes followed service intervals, and Tranny serviced every 30k and Collant 2 times a year. By the look and sound of the motor no knock no tick no rough idels and the color of all the fluids looks to be pretty accurate. Inside is Mint, and the towing harness is still in the plastic and claims that no towing has been done. 1 owner as well. I already posted for an Oasis, But if anyone has any acesses to carfax or insurance software and they could run this Vin it woud be appreicated.1FMNU43S1YED92737 The individual does seem trustworthy, and MYself and the Wife are extremly exicted she asked when she is getting hers so in a few weeks when uncle Sam gives me my money back, I 'am off to pick it up. I looked at exhaust manifold bolts as well all seem to be intact, and its dry underneath. Small ding in the front bumper a small scape on rear tailight but cherry exterior other than that. If anyone has an a opionin on the price let me know its pretty well loaded everything except dvd 1 door lock actuarot is out, and a front heater element on the drivers side. With some freinds shouldn't be all that hard to replace. Thanks again

Old 01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
If you feel comfortable paying that, then by all means.

The KBB value in "Good" condition is $7,165 and even then some will say that KBB's values are optimistic.

2000 Ford Excursion - Private Party Pricing Report - Official Kelley Blue Book Site=

Sounds like its a nice Excursion.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:50 PM
CanadianSmokie
Elder User
The description you gave sounds to me like a better than good condition.

For a well looked after, low mileage X, the price seems more than fair to me but our prices are way overpriced up her in 'Paytoomuchforeverythingland'

Old 01-19-2009, 06:05 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by CanadianSmokie
The description you gave sounds to me like a better than good condition.

For a well looked after, low mileage X, the price seems more than fair to me but our prices are way overpriced up her in 'Paytoomuchforeverythingland'
Even in excellent condition its still only valued at $7,615 and keep in mind very few vehicles are in true "excellent" condition.

Heres KBB's description of excellent.

Excellent
$7,615
  • Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.
  • Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.
  • Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.
  • Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
  • Complete and verifiable service records.
Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

But like I said, if you really want it and its worth that to you, ****** it up.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
tow0369
New User
I know when you guys blue booked there are a few option based off looking at the vehicle that you may or may not have had. I kbb for 8400 excellent 8200 good I just had the Oasis report come back and not that I am an expert at reading them but no warranty work has been doen guess that could go both ways 1. Nohing has broke yet and it will fall apart on me 10 feet down the road. 2. It has performed well , and contuines to do so. 3. He did the work himself, doubt it smart guy but I don't see it. Plus with the addtion of a complete set of Snow/Ice tires on factory rims and good tread wear I am comfortable with the price. I appricate the opions though and experiences, now just how to figure out how to keep from registring in California?

Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tow0369
I know when you guys blue booked there are a few option based off looking at the vehicle that you may or may not have had. I kbb for 8400 excellent 8200 good I just had the Oasis report come back and not that I am an expert at reading them but no warranty work has been doen guess that could go both ways 1. Nohing has broke yet and it will fall apart on me 10 feet down the road. 2. It has performed well , and contuines to do so. 3. He did the work himself, doubt it smart guy but I don't see it. Plus with the addtion of a complete set of Snow/Ice tires on factory rims and good tread wear I am comfortable with the price. I appricate the opions though and experiences, now just how to figure out how to keep from registring in California?
I'm curious to know what options I didn't check off that you did.

Good to hear that your satisfied with the price. Goodluck with the purchase.