1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Great Model T video

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Great Model T video

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did.

YouTube - Ford Model T - 100 Years Later

Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never get tired of seeing that stuff. Say what you will, the guy was a genius. I'm a retired union man and I've heard more that once how old Henry was anti union. I always point out that he paid better at the time than any body else did and I'm sure he was more than a bit upset over the fact that he did that and was treated so by the unions. I guess there are always two sides to every story.

During the 90's I did a lot of expedited freight contracting for the car companies and I had many opportunities to see the production lines in action. I can assure you that those guys in this video could work circles around today's production line workers. By comparrison those guys on the old Ford lines looked like they were on speed.

Later...

Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 PM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn,t realize the model T could go every where it did till I saw this video. Watching the factory workers building the car was amazing. My Grandfather retired from Ford Motor in the late 50,s