General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

nfl playoffs

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 PM
shooter123
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nfl playoffs

what can I say, weird and crazy!!! I picked at about week 5, Giants and titans would be in the super bowl. I am really glad I don't gamble. And who would figure arizona beating carolina? If I bet on this years plaoffs I would be in the poorhouse. I am watching SD vs. Pittsburgh right now and my pick would be pittsburgh but this year, who knows. I'll repost when the game is over.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If San Diego doesn't do something pretty quickly, this game will be out of reach. I was expecting a game like their regular season matchup, but Pittsburgh seems to be doing everything right, with an added dose of good luck. I knew they were good, but, dang!! Reckon i'll be changing my avatar in a few minutes.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:50 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
Well there is some really good news regarding the play offs..... I can resume my friendship with Stu! He has been the enemy this last week. I dont dare make a prediction, but i do have a small opinion on Pittsburgh's play next week. As soon as they get up if they do? throw Leftwich in, these teams HATE each other, and i would hate for the big man to get hurt if they were to advance.

Welcome back Stu.... I love you man!!!!
hahaha! Dan

Old 01-11-2009, 08:25 PM
924x2150
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the Eagles, win any more playoff games I might just start cheering for them!
I have refused to watch the Andy Reid "Chokers" all season.
They always flirt with greatness, then go flat just when u finally put all ur money on green.
Dallas clobbered last regular season game, Vikings handled readily, and now, the Champion Giants have been de-throned. Holy mackerel, could philly have a World series champ and a Super Bowl champ in the same year????

Naaaahhhh.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 924x2150
If the Eagles, win any more playoff games I might just start cheering for them!
I have refused to watch the Andy Reid "Chokers" all season.
They always flirt with greatness, then go flat just when u finally put all ur money on green.
Dallas clobbered last regular season game, Vikings handled readily, and now, the Champion Giants have been de-throned. Holy mackerel, could philly have a World series champ and a Super Bowl champ in the same year????

Naaaahhhh.
Hey, don't be hating on my eagles they just might have a chance this year.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pittsburgh has a good chance of being the first team to win six Super Bowls.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:32 PM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 142 Likes on 87 Posts
Pitt had to spoil it. I was beginning to dream of a Cards- Chargers superbowl

Old 01-12-2009, 04:59 AM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Originally Posted by ford2go
Pitt had to spoil it. I was beginning to dream of a Cards- Chargers superbowl
I was too.... until the 3rd quarter!!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
shooter123
Elder User
well pitt won, that's the only prediction I got right on this years playoffs. Like they say, "that's why they play the game"

Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

How 'bout them Cardinals!!!

Steve

Old 01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Problem with a Steeler-Raisin playoff game is: 2 weeks wont be enuf time for the victor to heal b4 the big show....

Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm gonna say the Eagles are going to do well.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
ckal704
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, the Steelers defense played up to expectations and the offense showed up for a change.
They looked prettly deadly yesterday. The Ravens game will be a dogfight, but if the Steeler O plays next week the way they did yesterday, the Ravens are in trouble.
I have the awesome good fortune to be going to that AFC Championship game. Hoping to be a part of history, watching first-hand a team on its way to a record setting 6th SuperBowl.
I figured the Eagles could take the Giants. The Cards will be an interesting game. I doubt they will have the same kind of success against the Eagles D as they did against the Panthers. But Warner is a canny, skilled veteran and if he has time to throw, they'll pluck the feathers from the Eagles.
Ever see a couple of little songbirds pestering the bejeebers out of a big ol' crow in the skies over your back yard? Could be the same unless the Eagles throw down some serious smack from the get go.
Two teams with bird names going at it....reminds me of several years ago, early in the season when the Eagles played the Falcons on MNF.
The MNF opening theme was built around that of an air traffic control center. They had an "Eagle" flying in on the radar from one direction and a "Falcon" coming in from another.
The late, great Peter Boyle was doing the voice-over of the air traffic controller. He was making some comments along the theme and he closed with the statement: (paraphrase, but pretty close)
"Eagles on a collision course with the Falcons! This has the makings of a real 'Charlie Foxtrot'!"
I laughed my a** off that the censors never picked it up!!
Still makes me laugh! He was one funny guy!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:38 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ckal704
Well, the Steelers defense played up to expectations and the offense showed up for a change.
They looked prettly deadly yesterday. The Ravens game will be a dogfight, but if the Steeler O plays next week the way they did yesterday, the Ravens are in trouble.
I have the awesome good fortune to be going to that AFC Championship game. Hoping to be a part of history, watching first-hand a team on its way to a record setting 6th SuperBowl.
I figured the Eagles could take the Giants. The Cards will be an interesting game. I doubt they will have the same kind of success against the Eagles D as they did against the Panthers. But Warner is a canny, skilled veteran and if he has time to throw, they'll pluck the feathers from the Eagles.
Ever see a couple of little songbirds pestering the bejeebers out of a big ol' crow in the skies over your back yard? Could be the same unless the Eagles throw down some serious smack from the get go.
Two teams with bird names going at it....reminds me of several years ago, early in the season when the Eagles played the Falcons on MNF.
The MNF opening theme was built around that of an air traffic control center. They had an "Eagle" flying in on the radar from one direction and a "Falcon" coming in from another.
The late, great Peter Boyle was doing the voice-over of the air traffic controller. He was making some comments along the theme and he closed with the statement: (paraphrase, but pretty close)
"Eagles on a collision course with the Falcons! This has the makings of a real 'Charlie Foxtrot'!"
I laughed my a** off that the censors never picked it up!!
Still makes me laugh! He was one funny guy!
I agree with you about the Eagles needing to show up to win, but remember what happened the last time they played the Cards? Heck they tore apart Dallas, they've got it in them if they play as they've been doing since thanksgiving. Haven't really been following the AFC much for some reason this season, but I think the steelers will make it to the big show.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,108 Likes on 4,191 Posts
I'm still picking the Patriots to win the Super Bowl this year!!!

Quick Reply: nfl playoffs