1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts mistake can I still use them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:17 PM
APEXDUCK
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts mistake can I still use them?

OK, so have an issue with my front wheel bearings on my F250SD 1999 V10 4x4. Thought I had everything lined up to replace them (ordered parts from Rock Auto) parts show up as ordered (quick service good price). I GOOFED ! I don't have 4w ABS just rear wheel ABS. Can I still uses the ABS front hubs? I really need to get the truck back on the road. I have the "old" model hubs on there and ordered the newer (post 3/22/99) hubs and rotors to replace both sides. There does not seem to be a difference but want to make sure before I install the new parts or ship them back and wait a week to do this.

What a knuckle head!!!!

APEXDUCK

Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM
TexasRebel
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there any difference other than the ABS sensor ring and a higher price?

Old 01-10-2009, 12:35 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Yes, you can use them, but the calipers and their brackets may be different, and that's something you should check with FTE Parts Guy or similar.

I believe the later rotors are larger in diameter (or thickness, I don't recall).

Pop

Old 01-10-2009, 01:39 PM
APEXDUCK
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the hub and rotor are different thickness is my understanding. I think I'm OK to swap them out since I did purchase the newer rotors as well. (2000 model parts or 3/22/1999 or later). The other mistake I made was that these hubs have fine thread lugs and my old hubs have coarse threads. Man did I mess up. Guess my best action is to call Rock Auto and have them send out the right ones and send these back.

I guess my head is just not into this project. I found out this week I will be laid off at work on March 9th. I do get 17 weeks of severance pay but I need to find a new job ASAP ........ and get this truck back on the road.

When it rains it pours! At least my wife is still here and my dog hasn't bit me yet!

APEXDUCK

Old 01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by APEXDUCK
the hub and rotor are different thickness is my understanding. I think I'm OK to swap them out since I did purchase the newer rotors as well. (2000 model parts or 3/22/1999 or later). The other mistake I made was that these hubs have fine thread lugs and my old hubs have coarse threads. Man did I mess up. Guess my best action is to call Rock Auto and have them send out the right ones and send these back.

I guess my head is just not into this project. I found out this week I will be laid off at work on March 9th. I do get 17 weeks of severance pay but I need to find a new job ASAP ........ and get this truck back on the road.

When it rains it pours! At least my wife is still here and my dog hasn't bit me yet!

APEXDUCK
Don't beat yourself up over this... we all have done it and I'm sure that RockAuto will work with you.

As for your job situation, it sounds like you work for a really great company. They gave you 2 months advanced notice and 4 months of severance pay, which is a total of 6 months compensation. My current client (I'm a contractor) had a recent 10% reduction in their workforce. They gave no advanced notice and no severance package... just sent them packing.

Hopefully the economy will turn around soon and you will find a new job quickly. Who knows, your current employer may change their mind.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM
_Rick_
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by APEXDUCK
I found out this week I will be laid off at work on March 9th. I do get 17 weeks of severance pay but I need to find a new job ASAP ........ and get this truck back on the road.
When it rains it pours! At least my wife is still here and my dog hasn't bit me yet! APEXDUCK
Hang in there AD. Chin up. Make it work out.

Rick...

Old 01-10-2009, 09:49 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Depends if you have srw or drw????? look below

Dick

On edit: 515021 non abs 99-04
515020 same but with abs
515025 abs but dual rear wheels

Hope i wasn't the cause of your trouble as In an earlier thread I may have given the wrong number...