1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Stress testing a marriage...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:44 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stress testing a marriage...

Today I'm off to drag home another donor. Number ten was about three weeks ago and that was bad enough. At least this one will stay in the trailer for a whlie. Another advantage of a closed trailer, out of sight, out of mind... I no longer have a defense strategy. "Look What followed me home", stopped working around #5. I just roll up in a ball and take the beating. The things we do for the cause... Today it's a partial '99 Explorer. I want the rolling chassis, floor pan and firewall for my '53 to sit on.

So, wish me luck, I'm going to need it...
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Later Folks...

Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 AM
jaye
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck, Dave do you remember the name of the salvage yard in SC off hwy 78 you mentioned to me when you passed through SC to pick up those fenders I can't seem to find the card you wrote it on however, I do remember hwy 78.
Thanks

Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
daves54
Elder User
Its always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission! Good luck

Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 AM
daves54
Elder User
Dave just went on your link very nice. When I moved into my house the day I moved in I had two people on my street ask me if the truck (which I only intend to leave outside until I could get my tools put away) was going to be staying in the driveway!!!! Can you believe that!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:57 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jaye
Good luck, Dave do you remember the name of the salvage yard in SC off hwy 78 you mentioned to me when you passed through SC to pick up those fenders I can't seem to find the card you wrote it on however, I do remember hwy 78.
Thanks
Hi Jaye,
The place is called Saunders Cars and the number is 803-266-4301. It's near Elco, SC, (could be spelled Elko, not sure...)

My son was just by there on Tuesday and he said everything looks the same.

Later Man...

Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by daves54
Its always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission! Good luck
Sounds like a plan...

Old 01-03-2009, 10:05 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by daves54
Dave just went on your link very nice. When I moved into my house the day I moved in I had two people on my street ask me if the truck (which I only intend to leave outside until I could get my tools put away) was going to be staying in the driveway!!!! Can you believe that!!!
I think that I would have said, "No, I plan to drag it into the front yatrd, put it up on blocks, paint it purple and plant floweres in it and use the cab for a dog house. Chances are that guy isn't going to be your buddy anyway.

When we moved in from the country twenty years ago, I was careful to find a place where that kind of pressure can't be forced on me. I have one dork of a neighbor that just cringes when I drag in a junker. I usually rip them up as opposed to letting them sit there but until I do I make sure he gets a perfect view of it. The ones that have been wrecked are the worst looking ones. If those butt heads were half as good at tending to their own affairs they would be far better off.

Later Man...

Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi Dave,

I don't understand why you have let her out of the sweat shop anyway? You know if you let her get out into the sunlight and fresh air she is going to notice new donors.

Jez!

Tee hee (it's an old joke guys)

You could always rent a small plot on a neighbors farm to take the new donors too. That way if she finds the money secretly gone she'll just think you are having an affair and not buying more cars! See how it all works out?

Good Luck,
Julie

PS. "I think I'm gettin' to where I like the pain."
Clint Eastwood as Philo Bedeau in "Any Which Way You Can"

Old 01-03-2009, 10:44 AM
jaye
Posting Guru
Thanks Dave depending on the distance I may go by there this weekend.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:54 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jaye
Thanks Dave depending on the distance I may go by there this weekend.
It's probably kind of out of the way but it might be worth a trip. I would call first to see when somebody will be there.

Later Man...

Old 01-03-2009, 03:01 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
Hi Dave,

I don't understand why you have let her out of the sweat shop anyway? You know if you let her get out into the sunlight and fresh air she is going to notice new donors.

Jez!

Tee hee (it's an old joke guys)

You could always rent a small plot on a neighbors farm to take the new donors too. That way if she finds the money secretly gone she'll just think you are having an affair and not buying more cars! See how it all works out?

Good Luck,
Julie

PS. "I think I'm gettin' to where I like the pain."
Clint Eastwood as Philo Bedeau in "Any Which Way You Can"
Hi Julie,
The hard part is trying to get her into the sweat shop. Of course she logically pointed out that I haven't brought anything in for to to work up a sweat on.

Actually, funny you should mention it, but I did make arrangements with a friend that owns a pot of land out near where we used to live years ago. Problen is, it's just not as hand to go wrench off a part every once in a while. I just got back home and I was told that there would be no more brought in until something leaves here. But I got in the last words... I just whipped a quick "Yes Dear" on her. It doesn't seem to be working like it used to. I must be loosin' the old charm...

Later Girl...

Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Why do you think I own 3 properties for? To hide the new buys.
Actually,the wife likes this hobby and goes with me most of the time. I guess you have got to be handsome and tall and wordly to keep todays woman....haha
Bill

Old 01-03-2009, 06:19 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Why do you think I own 3 properties for? To hide the new buys.
Actually,the wife likes this hobby and goes with me most of the time. I guess you have got to be handsome and tall and wordly to keep todays woman....haha
Bill

So, You're saying you bought your wife a boy-toy ???

Later Man...

Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
i can say what i want , but the truth of the matter is since the incident that destroyed / bent the hades out of my frame made from a 74 1/2 ton for my 55 , the wife has cooled her jets , and is getting into it . h-ll she's a bigger showoff than i am . i had two 55's a 56 the 53 a 70 , the 74 , a 77 dodge , and a demo car here pretty much about the same time once . she even gave up part of her yard / a flower bed for the second drive which was put in for the first 55 , a 30 foot long f-350 car hauler / ramp truck . now as far as the front yard thing dave ..... i had a real uptight fireman lived across the street , i drove a 83 ford 1/2 ton or my 85 delta 88 , and the wife had a mustang gt 'vert and a saturn , the t-bird { 70 } was in the garage with my sportsman dirt car . well one day i took the dirt car out put it in the drive to work on my pickup and he comes wandering over . he wanted to know if i was gonna leave the " eyesore " out in public view , and what i planned to do with it . much like what you said .... im gonna cut a hole in the roof to put a bird bath in it then put it up on blocks in the front yard along with my old couch / new lawn furniture . he didna like it hades with bill's money he probably bought her her own chippendales stripper show , lol oh yeah the fireman moved , im still here !!!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:14 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 55 f350
i can say what i want , but the truth of the matter is since the incident that destroyed / bent the hades out of my frame made from a 74 1/2 ton for my 55 , the wife has cooled her jets , and is getting into it . h-ll she's a bigger showoff than i am . i had two 55's a 56 the 53 a 70 , the 74 , a 77 dodge , and a demo car here pretty much about the same time once . she even gave up part of her yard / a flower bed for the second drive which was put in for the first 55 , a 30 foot long f-350 car hauler / ramp truck . now as far as the front yard thing dave ..... i had a real uptight fireman lived across the street , i drove a 83 ford 1/2 ton or my 85 delta 88 , and the wife had a mustang gt 'vert and a saturn , the t-bird { 70 } was in the garage with my sportsman dirt car . well one day i took the dirt car out put it in the drive to work on my pickup and he comes wandering over . he wanted to know if i was gonna leave the " eyesore " out in public view , and what i planned to do with it . much like what you said .... im gonna cut a hole in the roof to put a bird bath in it then put it up on blocks in the front yard along with my old couch / new lawn furniture . he didna like it hades with bill's money he probably bought her her own chippendales stripper show , lol oh yeah the fireman moved , im still here !!!!!
To be honest, although my wife doth protest to some degree, she is really rather tolerant of my vehicles. I think she is just concerned that I may go too far. Although she probably doesn't believe me,Iam at my personal limit, and I don't intend to drag in any more. That is because I think I have all I need to do the projects I have in mind.

Congrats on moving the fireman out, good move... I have several very good neighbors and I do try to keep my collection as un-offensive as possible. Nothing sits out front other than some of our good vehicles which usually are clean and decent looking. I do admit that between the camper, the enclosed trailer and five licensed vehicles, it does take on the looks of a dealership, but I do keep everything clean. I do have one dork neighbor that is on one side of me that is just a pain in the ****. If it would help to get him out I'd drag in ten junkers. He's a grumpy old crudmudgeon with a big fat belly and what looks like a lot of other physical problems. Hey, maybe I'll get lucky... I imagine it probably makes his blood boil when he sees that I get along so well with the rest of the neighbors and they even help me from time to time with moving vehicles in and out.

I have considered going down to the local vocational school, which is just two miles away, and seeing if I can work something out to start some kind of mentoring program involving the guys in the auto body and mechanic courses. Since I'm retired I have plenty of time and I think it would probably be cool to have a bunch of those kids around here working on stuff. I can just see my neighbor steaming away at all those noisy cars and kids running in and out of here. Of course there is always the bonus of getting some stuff done around here too.

Later Man...

Quick Reply: Stress testing a marriage...