International Region Australia

2009 FTE Ford Truck INTERNATIONAL Online Show and Contest

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post up pictures if you can (I'll help with that if you have trouble figuring it out - I've been popping pictures up on the web for ten years).

I hear that the recession that has been kicking my own behind is worldwide, not just in my little corner of nowhere. Fifteen years ago I heard Australia was a tuff place to keep up with taxes in - I think we're likely together on that...

God loves my soul, but the american government loves my blood and money. Fit to suck me dry of both...

Old 04-05-2009, 01:37 AM
bluegrassfive
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll see if this works.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:57 AM
bluegrassfive
Junior User
Well it looks like it worked! I'll try to get some better pictures. The recession is starting to kick in here, the Govt has handed out a few "stimulus packages" like a $900 tax hand back. Kind of an incentive for people to get their tax returns in. There's been a joke going around that the funds all end up in China anyway for big screen tvs etc. A few companies that are actually doing ok have used the recession as an excuse to lay off workers and set up production in Asia. I think we have inherited a lot of the British red tape bureaucracy which can bog a business down. Govt is teetering on selling a few mines to the Chinese which has stirred up some debate. Ford seems to be managing ok here, Holden has cut a few shifts. We hear a bit about Obama putting it to GM etc to get it together. I wonder how it will go for the auto industry there?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Good Good! The last thing on earth Australia needs to do is sell their own mines to china...

Asia is big enough - they must have their own resources somewhere. Let's all hope your government doesn't fall for that...

That is a nice looking truck though. Did the tailgate have those lights in it from the factory? It's an interesting idea.

Auto industries are going nutters everywhere, in the USA it might have been a bit different if they were in the habit of listening to those who wanted a more basic and customiseable set of wheels, or at least something smaller with a wide choice of engines to drop in. I still don't understand the lack of rotary engine developement over here.

I guess it was too simple for them to comprehend!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
A little late....I just seen this.
I`m from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
This is one of my trucks, a 56 F350 dually, original 272/4 speed, stock except for the front bumper, wooden running boards, reupholstered seat and a repaint many years ago before I bought it 3 years ago.

A shot of it with it`s little brother that`s under going a restoration.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
FOOKING NICE!

Good finds....

(the first didn't show)

Old 04-21-2009, 04:09 AM
bluegrassfive
Junior User
Good old trucks there in Canada!
What looks like lights on the tailgate of my F100 are reflectors. I put on as close a match to the original catalogue pic as I could. Funny cause in the 65-66 features manual reprint it shows them in 2 different locations in various places in the book. I went with the high up location for no particular reason I guess. I realised too late that the actual tail lights have a reflector section anyway! The rotary engine still has a following here, though only Mazda has continued with it as far as I know. We had a guy here from West Aus, Ralph Sarich who tried to promote the "Orbital" engine back in the 70s. Some sort of variation on the rotary. He went on to develop a super efficient 2 stroke engine for auto use. Looked to me like a 4cyl outboard boat eng with the covers stripped off. Last I heard Ford or GM bought the rights and it vanished from view.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:59 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 308 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
A little late....I just seen this.
I`m from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
This is one of my trucks, a 56 F350 dually, original 272/4 speed, stock except for the front bumper, wooden running boards, reupholstered seat and a repaint many years ago before I bought it 3 years ago.

A shot of it with it`s little brother that`s under going a restoration.
Some nice old iron sitting there

Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Thanks, I love these mid 50`s trucks!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
"Orbital" "rotary" - similar idea. It's still the highest power and torque as well as high RPM design that ever was....

What makes it trouble is the excentric machining required

Also the rotars have to be replaced as the housings are woggled out with succesive machine shop passes

(How exactly does a bigger inside capacity affect the rotar size and total volume? Good question for adrian...)

Old 06-01-2009, 04:29 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
This has gone essentially nowhere owing to not enough interest.....

But we all know this chapter has fallen away. What then is needed to bring it together?

Picture the planet earth and the small percentage of it that is taken up by the usa. Where are the rest of you? EVERYWHERE......

I cannot fathom why this failed....

What have I done wrong? What is it I don't see?