West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

WV July General Chat and B/S

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you Joe. I sorta told her the same thing. I know the place was her dad's, and her borther was buying it, so really, it never left. From the tales I have heard of Poppa A, he would have sat in his F-150, probably said a few choice words and before the ashes were cold, there would be several dozers and dumptrucks there an in a day it would be cleaned up. The next day, Tammie would be drawing up newer and better plans.

Hang in there baby, I am by your side. You know that. I love you.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about the Fire Tammy...

Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well said Joe. Unfortunately a death in a family seems to bring out the worst in some people.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Post Fiend
I think I can speak for the entire Maryland Chapter
Tammy in saying we feel your lose. Everything Joe said is true
for me except it was my Mom.
My Dad was a mean viscous alcoholic who mentally abused her my brother
and myself for many years so when he passed 1st was happy that she could
live 10 more years happy, but when she did passed she surprised my brother and I
with money she had put away for us. Not millions by any means but a nice chunk
of change most of which paid a lot toward the house I am now in.
Too this day, almost 3 years later I still miss her terribly still.
Head Up Gal you have nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about. Go do what your daddy would want.
Your in my prayers.
PS. No I'm still not saying

Old 03-06-2009, 10:10 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Tammie, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Learned what happened when I got in this eve, very sorry to hear of this. I' am no stranger to the distruction of fire myself, so many things gone in a moment. The only thing that helps in such a time is that now one was injured from what I understand.

I have followed what was said about siblings and others that prey on the remaining parent when the other have passed on. Kinda reminds me of a lamb among wolves it would seem. I have had the good fortune to catch a few tricks being played on my parents in the past and put a stop to it.

I find those that would take advantage of another for personal gain deserves no respect whats so ever. I feel they are lower than a dirty dog cowering under the porch in hopes of biting some one if it can get away with it.

One that cannot stand on their own two feet fending for them selve's is worthless in my opinion. One should only have to be raised until 16 to 18 after that I feel they should be able to get with the plan. I was on my own by 16 and even though I made mistakes there was never a time when I felt I could simply spong off of my parents. If I wasn't eating that meant I wasn't working...........not hard logic to follow.

Its seems as though you have endured quite a bit so far this year Tammie and am in sincere hopes that this will be the last hard ship to face for some time. I feel you most likely have had more than enough. Stay strong.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:20 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 80351
ps. No i'm still not saying
you big meanie!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
THANK YOU, all of you.....I am doing a bit better about it.....we have been planning a trip home over spring break since we got out here.....not looking forward to it much anymore ......I will be ok, until I have to actually confront it face-to-face, so to speak.....

I will break down terribly at that point and then I will be able to actually begin healing....

the ride back to IL will be a tough one, and the closer I get will make my emotions all the more strong, so I am sure to need all the faith and strength I can muster at that time......

again, THANK YOU for your kind words

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Old 03-07-2009, 12:07 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Angry

Originally Posted by Orin Martin
I find those that would take advantage of another for personal gain deserves no respect whats so ever. I feel they are lower than a dirty dog cowering under the porch in hopes of biting some one if it can get away with it.

One that cannot stand on their own two feet fending for them selve's is worthless in my opinion. One should only have to be raised until 16 to 18 after that I feel they should be able to get with the plan.
Orin, I feel the same way. I had to leave home at 15 because I could no longer deal with an alcoholic step father. I was afraid to go to sleep in the same house, but I was not afraid of him, so I left. I had not spent a night in my mothers house until she divorced him. It was almost 16 years. He was the type that would cower under the porch.

I also feel the same way about the 16/18 unless they are still in school and trying. And by trying, I mean holding down a job, not being a moocher. Most of the kids today are just that, moochers. They have been given everything and anything they want and when it is time for them to supposedly be on their own, they just cannot deal with the world and want to come home and let mommy take care of it. The bad thing about it is that today, mommy usually will take care of it.

They also do not understand the word NO. I wonder why? Is it because mommy and daddy never used it because they did no want to upset little johnny or prissy susie. And look what we have today.

Nuff said in this little rant!

Old 03-07-2009, 01:14 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Paul you are so right on your rant. But my 13 year old does get a lot of stuff but he has to work it off at the ranch or do extra chores. Some times he gets so mad that he has to work it off and wants to know why. His friends get stuff from their parents and dont have to work for it, so why does he. All I tell him is that you will appreciate it more and take care of it. He is a hard worker but yes moms do tend to their babys even when they are in their 20s.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:59 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Here is a song that I hope will make everyone smile

YouTube - Seals & Crofts " Summer Breeze"

Old 03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Woooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm a Seals and Crofts guy!

Joe

Old 03-07-2009, 04:35 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Talking

Originally Posted by sglaine
Here is a song that I hope will make everyone smile

YouTube - Seals & Crofts " Summer Breeze"
Been a while since I heard that. They used to play it every night when I was a teen working at Winn Dixie in Spartanburg.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:38 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
I use to watch the hippies dance to that when I was a kid....LOL

Old 03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
LMAO....never considered myself a hippy...whadda think George?

Paul...it's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since you were a teenager!!!!

LOL

Joe

Quick Reply: WV July General Chat and B/S