Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Please Read This Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not slamming Jim. I'm slamming the knuckleheads that came up with this crap. Sounds like the same "logic" that got the OT put in the GNA forum... Now I kinda wish I'd signed up one year at a time instead of three. I'd deal with ads for a year, just to keep my $12 or whatever the yearly penance is as a token of my dislike of their bazaar moves lately.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:03 PM
cangim
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe, your skunk now makes sense, was wondering what it was all about.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sorry if I created a ruckus here everyone. That wasn't my intention. I wanted to let everyone know beforehand in case the annoncement at the top of the forum was missed. I had to shorten my sig by quite a bit also.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by megawatt00
I'm sorry if I created a ruckus here everyone. That wasn't my intention. I wanted to let everyone know beforehand in case the annoncement at the top of the forum was missed. I had to shorten my sig by quite a bit also.
I'm GLAD you let us know. I probably would've seen the announcement sooner or later anyway, so no biggie. I'm glad I have a month to stink the place up a little in the mean time.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Izzy351
.. Now I kinda wish I'd signed up one year at a time instead of three. I'd deal with ads for a year, just to keep my $12 or whatever the yearly penance is as a token of my dislike of their bazaar moves lately.
I'm in for three too. They couldn't seem to renew for one year and charged me three. Then after a year it ended, I had to pitch a fit pointing out I was involuntarily charged for three. I didn't mind that much until my three year supporter status expired at one year. So whatever. Ownership has changed.

Seems supporters should have more leeway. We find ourselves in the same boat as everyone minus ad viewing. I will be looking at these developments very closely.

I guess this is thanks to us folks who support this site and keep it alive by posting and answering questions that result in search hits that draw folks here. Drawing folks here and getting hits leads to advertisement and revenue for the site. I think the FTE Gods may want to reconsider this and keep the supporters happy.

Of course if they do not, I have the right to exercise my option and freeload here too, or not even visit. First and best? We'll see.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
I'm in for three too. They couldn't seem to renew for one year and charged me three. Then after a year it ended, I had to pitch a fit pointing out I was involuntarily charged for three. I didn't mind that much until my three year supporter status expired at one year. So whatever. Ownership has changed.

Seems supporters should have more leeway. We find ourselves in the same boat as everyone minus ad viewing. I will be looking at these developments very closely.

I guess this is thanks to us folks who support this site and keep it alive by posting and answering questions that result in search hits that draw folks here. Drawing folks here and getting hits leads to advertisement and revenue for the site. I think the FTE Gods may want to reconsider this and keep the supporters happy.

Of course if they do not, I have the right to exercise my option and freeload here too, or not even visit. First and best? We'll see.
Well said Mike..

Old 12-30-2008, 09:43 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Orezona
Well said Mike..
Agreed. Maybe we should all just spend more time in the OT thread where the signature doesn't really matter.

I understand there may be a need for some restrictions, but apparently my sig is in violation as well. Barry was kind enough to un-animate my GIF for me, but I can't figure out how to get that in my sig. Keep getting some error message.

Perhaps I should spend more time working on my sig instead of rambling on in these threads.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350

Originally Posted by Orezona
Well said Mike..
Agreed!! I've seen the mighty Tennessee flag flying on another site or two. I don't get over there too often, but I do sandbag now & then.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:46 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
ahhhh.....smells like a bunch of crap to me too!

Soon it's gonna be as much fun around here as watching the English Patient (or idoit) or Out of Africa.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:52 PM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I would love to know what knuckle head comes up with these rules.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
My new signature

Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by bdrummonds
My new signature
I like it Brandon !!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
My new signature
I like it Brandon. Mind if I copy that in about a month??

Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 PM
crum71
1/8 mile Oval Track

I like it lol

My new signature

Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post