2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:57 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus
of course they'll get you into something else..."just bend over now"

so you had the new plugs, and now have the old style? sucks, but not that big a deal IMO.

I would just let them fix that exhaust manifold. You've already taken a huge depreciation hit, and then you'll get nailed with another one
Tylus, you have no IDEA how big of a depreciation hit in Ford's eyes. Check out my other thread called "Decisions". Ford offered me 11k for my truck, but Nissan offered me 30k.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by ChargersFanInCO
Tylus, you have no IDEA how big of a depreciation hit in Ford's eyes. Check out my other thread called "Decisions". Ford offered me 11k for my truck, but Nissan offered me 30k.
saw that. I'm just saying you've already been nailed with one on the current truck

you buy a new truck, the second you drive off the lot, you can figure on losing about $10,000 of value due to our economy.

understand you are not happy, but that is alot of money IMO for something that is pretty easily fixed

Old 01-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus
understand you are not happy, but that is alot of money IMO for something that is pretty easily fixed
X2......think about it.....does your truck drive any different now (or once the leak is fixed)....does it have a shorter life span......is it any different of a truck as it was before it broke?

Old 01-03-2009, 04:11 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ryan50hrl
X2......think about it.....does your truck drive any different now (or once the leak is fixed)....does it have a shorter life span......is it any different of a truck as it was before it broke?
I guess it's the audacity of the dealer that p!sses me off so much. I will never buy another vehicle from them. I will drive the extra 20 miles to drop my truck off on Monday at another dealership for repair. Hopefully the manifold isn't cracked, but it looks like it is. (hairline crack) When I hit the powerball tonight, I'm going to buy the dealership and fire all of them.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:41 PM
442w30
Senior User
Never let emotion dilute a business decision. If you get pissed off you will more than likely get pissed on. Keep the Ford.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:46 PM
dlgentry
Senior User
That quote needs to go in the hall of fame.....if there is one.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:22 PM
No-Tyme
Senior User
pissed on if pissed off

Originally Posted by 442w30
Never let emotion dilute a business decision. If you get pissed off you will more than likely get pissed on. Keep the Ford.
I hear what you saying: I just can't help to feel wronged and disillusioned with Ford. I can't understand how the american auto makers think they can gain market shares by treating their customers as disposable income. You would think sooner or later they would see they are chasing away customers which many are flocking to the transplant brands due to the longevity of the products thay make: I even told my wife that I'll get a Toyota before I buy another Ford: she replied as long as I park in the street thats OK.
Damm I live in the country and its quite a strole out to the street.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:43 PM
442w30
Senior User
Understand that the corporation has nothing to do with the business mindset of the franchise. They only get involved when it is brought to their attention. Dealers are profit minded as well they should be. They are running a business and if you walk in there with the "I want to buy a new vehicle" look on you face believe me they will sell you one.

Thanks for the kudo's DLGENTRY, but I have learned "Painfully and costly" that business is business. Keep the tears and heart beats out of the mix.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 AM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Understand that the corporation has nothing to do with the business mindset of the franchise. They only get involved when it is brought to their attention. Dealers are profit minded as well they should be. They are running a business and if you walk in there with the "I want to buy a new vehicle" look on you face believe me they will sell you one.

Thanks for the kudo's DLGENTRY, but I have learned "Painfully and costly" that business is business. Keep the tears and heart beats out of the mix.
There aren't any tears, or heartbreaks on my end. Only anger and disillusionment. I feel like that dealership is trying to rip me off, and that's not a good business decision on their part, let alone a smart one. I've bought 7 vehicles from them over the past 4 years. I realize I'm only one customer, but I've also taken several friends of mine, and 2 different business owners who make fleet purchases from them. They have a new guy working in the booth, and the General Manager wasn't there on Saturday, so I will wait until tomorrow to have a word with him. I am taking my truck to Longmont for the repairs, and the GM will know about it. What he chooses to do, will decide my future business dealings with his franchise. Like I said before, if I could win the powerball, I'd buy the dealership and fire them all. I'm a small business owner, (HVAC) and if I were to pull something like that on one of my clients, the word of mouth could be devestating for my company.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:04 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Understand that the corporation has nothing to do with the business mindset of the franchise.
Actually, in the case of Ford this isn't entirely true. Ford has nickle and dimed dealers and squeezed their business model. They cut "flat rate time" for techs by about 20% which means they can't afford to diagnose the problems, spend extra time chasing down situations, etc., because they get only what Ford's flat rate book says they get for a job no matter how many hours it takes them.

Then Ford has "warranty control" where they start penalyzing a dealer financially if the dealership has too many warranty claims.

I love Ford trucks, but their entire dealer and warranty experience is horrible for many people. I don't know how many times I've heard someone here taking their truck to the dealership for a problem only to be told "its normal." Well, the dealership does that because they aren't paid diagnostic time by Ford.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:39 AM
442w30
Senior User
Sorry I was not clear with my opinion. I do agree with FTE Ken regarding the bean counters and how the Factory sucks the Dealership. The Dealership's are just as much to blame as their customer service has gone to a all time low, not wise in this economy.
I think your intent to meet with the GM is wise Chargerfan I would suggest just a simple list of vehicles purchased and customers you referred to them when you meet. If this does not get their attention then you would be best served to take your business to another dealer. A copy sent to Ford Consumer Affairs would not hurt, Good Luck.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 AM
dlgentry
Senior User
If Ford Continues Down This Road The Bail Out Money Will Do Nothing For The Company. Like Hvac Said, Word Of Mouth Will Make Or Break A Company, Big Or Small. I've Only Delt With Ford As Far As Warrenty Goes (03 Cobra..paint) And It Was Horrible Service And No Craftsmanship. A Freshman At A Career Center Could've Did A Better Job. This Is An On Going Problem With Ford And If The Corporation Doesn't Address It. It Will Be There Demize. Bottom Line.......become An Expert Working On Fords, If You Want To Keep Em, And Only Buy Aftermarket Parts For Your Rides.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dlgentry
If Ford Continues Down This Road The Bail Out Money Will Do Nothing For The Company. .
Fords not taking bailout money....

Old 01-04-2009, 11:50 AM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ryan50hrl
Fords not taking bailout money....
I agree with you, that Ford is not taking any low intrest loans (aka bailout money) yet: But if the warantee and service is on the poor side of Fo Mo Co, what about GM and Chysler? Are they any better? I did get better warantee with GM, don't know about Chysler. Heck I even had GM replace the front shocks on my 93 regular cab. Maybe that is why GM is in such a bind. What say you all: Who has better warantee coverage. I'd like to hear your opinons.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:23 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Who has better warantee coverage. I'd like to hear your opinons.

Hyundai has the best warranty.

Quick Reply: Blown