1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instructions for Factory Nav in Motion use

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:06 AM
function12
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Works on my 07 Expy. I think I have to press a different corner but it worked.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
dcghost
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any other updates on the 2009 Navs? I noticed that it does not allow you to check sports scores and a few other things when accessing Sirius Travel Link. I can understand the no DVD movie, but no sports updates and weather forcasts....comon....

Early thanks to the person that solves this

Old 05-09-2009, 12:51 PM
bnmccoy
Elder User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Wingnut,

It took some doing to get it to take pushing under the A in address; but finally got it to go.

This is great info; nice to be able to have the better half key in stuff while truck is going down the road now.

Thanks again,

This should probably be a sticky over in the radio forum section.....

Bob

Old 05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bnmccoy
Thanks Wingnut,

It took some doing to get it to take pushing under the A in address; but finally got it to go.

This is great info; nice to be able to have the better half key in stuff while truck is going down the road now.

Thanks again,

This should probably be a sticky over in the radio forum section.....

Bob
Your welcome. As for the info being a sticky, they won't allow allow it. They told me if people want to find the info they will have to search it. Actually I tried to get it added to the tech folder.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
stanislav.dostal
New User
I am 2007 Mustang GT owner from Czech republic in Europe. I bought my car in USA with OEM navigation (same as in other Ford cars), but this navi does not work in Europe, because I do not know what map CD shall I use or if I need reprogramming of the navi for any auropean versions of the map CD's. Can anyone help me?

Old 06-19-2009, 02:02 PM
function12
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by stanislav.dostal
I am 2007 Mustang GT owner from Czech republic in Europe. I bought my car in USA with OEM navigation (same as in other Ford cars), but this navi does not work in Europe, because I do not know what map CD shall I use or if I need reprogramming of the navi for any auropean versions of the map CD's. Can anyone help me?
Do a google search on navteq. They are the company that makes the dics. Shoot them an email. They should respond in a couple of days.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 AM
stanislav.dostal
New User
navi for Europe

Thank You for Your answer. I contacted Navteq too, but they answer me, that they have not european map CD's for this navigation. Therefore I am looking for help anywhere else.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:06 PM
free_loaderz
New User
Worked Great on Ford 2007 Edge :) Nav System

Awesome Work - Thanks! Now I am curious about all the other choices in the menu! I would love to turn off the stupid "Agree" screen to use the NAV screen now that I can type while driving.

What is dumb is why can you do anything else on the unit except enter an address? IMO, all the things you can do are just as distracting as putting in an address.

Originally Posted by wiingnut
Boys I'm doing this from memory, so please don't lynch me if I miss a step. Please try if interested and let me know results. If for some reason I miss a step, be patient, I will figure it out. My nav now allows me to access POI's while the vehicle is in motion. You will not find this on internet. I finally found out at work.

Here we go!

1. Take vehicle outside and agree to nav instructions. The gps needs to know its position.

2. Push hard nav button (on right side of radio). Go to your address book. Pick any of one of your saved addresses. Now that address is highlighted, look to right and push soft edit button. You will now see name of saved address.

3. Clear name of saved address and type in F-DEVELOP ON
(make sure to put space between DEVELOP and ON).

4. Now look to the upper left corner and you will see the word ADDRESS. Place your finger directly under the A and hold. If you do this right, the screen should change to the map screen.

5. Now push your hard menu button (on left side of radio). Across top of radio push soft SECURITY button. You have now entered security screen. You will see nothing in the right most corner of nav screen. Push your finger and hold in that position till the screen changes.

6. You now have entered a parameter screen. Locate DRIVING RESTRICTIONS release. When you push the button it should change to driving restrictions stop. Exit the screen by pushing the soft BACK button.

7. Congrats you have just programmed your factory nav radio. NOTE: Every time you turn your vehicle off, you will need to repeat steps 5 & 6.

Good luck and enjoy. If you choose to monkey around with your other parameters, do so at your own risk. I will not be responsible for your dealer service call. If you have any further questions, please pm me and I will do my best to help. This programming sequence should work for only the so called first generation navs. It will not work in the MY09, second generation. This has been used to reprogram many MY 07 and MY 08 Ford vehicles.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:32 PM
offroad4by4
New User
In response to someone's question concerning whether this works on 2009 models, I tried on my F150 2009 (Sony) with no success. Thanks for the great insight and was hoping a variation of these instructions would work. I hope to find the work around from the net soon and will post it here.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:27 PM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks so much for this it worked!!

Old 10-28-2009, 12:37 AM
longhaultransport
More Turbo
Received 215 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Michaeloh
Hey Wingnut I tried your Nav unit fix. I got stuck on step 5, where there should have been nothing on the right corner of the screen there was the time. When I pushed the time it turned to the date. IOW I could not progress to the parameter screen. Any ideas?

For my unit it was the lower right hand corner.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:58 PM
offshore1
Senior User
Press the sensor mode info button

Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
offshore1
Senior User
Then it will bring up this screen. Touch any of the round dials, and you can select their function from the buttons on right.

How to get this info to display on the screen? The Pioneer AVIC units (which is what this nav system is) will allow this info to be displayed on the screen

Old 10-28-2009, 06:05 PM
offshore1
Senior User
There are a few pages of menu items. Who has an explanation of what they do?
For example - what is bound box display flag?

Old 10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
longhaultransport
More Turbo
Received 215 Likes on 112 Posts
How do we turn off that splash screen that makes you hit the "agree" each time?

Quick Reply: Instructions for Factory Nav in Motion use