Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Got my Platinum at last

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Well Congrats... A very nice truck.... Glad you finally got one after all your trouble...

Old 12-16-2008, 05:27 PM
fonefiddy
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd hold off waxing it.

Most GOOD body men I've ever known, say to let the paint cure for 30 day's + before waxing.

BTW, You wanna help Me pick up some Welded Wire Mesh???

J/K It is a very nice Truck

Old 12-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fonefiddy
I'd hold off waxing it.

Most GOOD body men I've ever known, say to let the paint cure for 30 day's + before waxing.
I guess the truck was sprayed more than a month ago but with the weather the way it is around here it looks like i wont be able to clean it for a few weeks anyway. Looking forward to trying out me Dodo juice supernatural wax. Roll on good weather.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
fonefiddy
Postmaster
Where You at?

If it's anything like up north, You might needa wait till spring. Cause it sure be a damn cold winter allready.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Where You at?

If it's anything like up north, You might needa wait till spring. Cause it sure be a damn cold winter allready.

Im in Va Fonefiddy. Weather has been ok for the last few days but from today on it looks like its gonna rain a lot. I have use of a 4000sq/ft heated unit to wax it in but i cant be arsed to take all my cleaning stuf over to there. But really wanna get the wax on asap to get some protection on the paint work. Looks like the Unit may be my only way to get this wax on her.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:49 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am blown away by the number of Platinum's that have been showing up on this forum. Good looking truck.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
Im in Va Fonefiddy. Weather has been ok for the last few days but from today on it looks like its gonna rain a lot. I have use of a 4000sq/ft heated unit to wax it in but i cant be arsed to take all my cleaning stuf over to there. But really wanna get the wax on asap to get some protection on the paint work. Looks like the Unit may be my only way to get this wax on her.
Get some Zaino. It is the best. Here is my new vette I bought a few months back. It beads water like nothing else and lasts about 6 months. Get the Z2 pro. I have put 2 coats on my new F150 already.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bowhunter2001
Get some Zaino. It is the best. Here is my new vette I bought a few months back. It beads water like nothing else and lasts about 6 months. Get the Z2 pro. I have put 2 coats on my new F150 already.
Stopped using polishes years ago. Found them to be very harsh on the clear coat. You have to be very careful of what is in these cheap brands. Everything from grit, acid, silicon and many other nasty chemicals. I only ever use non abrasive pre wax cleaner and high end wax now. Used to use zymol and swissvax but i was recommended Dodo Juice supernatural Dodo Juice Supernatural Carnauba Wax (SN) - FREE Holiday Shipping - Tastefully Drivenas it has been compaired to zymols Vintage wax Zymol Vintage Wax - Free Shipping AutoSuperMart . comwhich is almost $2000. Would love to get a sample of the zymol Royale but at $10000 it's a bit out of my league. Got the pre clean and wax done today and the wax has worked extremly well. Very happy with it. Had exposure problems because of the low light but still gives you an idea of how slick it looks.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:24 PM
fonefiddy
Postmaster
Personally, I've used both Zymol and Zaino. I like Zaino better

Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Personally, I've used both Zymol and Zaino. I like Zaino better
You must have used the zymol polish??

Old 12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Big Bad
Elder User
Zaino is really good stuff, I used to have the total show car kit and was always very impressed by it.

But then again, so is the Motorcraft stuff (everyone seems to overlook it)...
Step 1: Acid Neutralizer
Step 2: Alkaline Neutralizer
Step 3: Detail Wash
Step 4: Custom Clear Coat Polish
Step 5: Premium Liquid Wax

The Motorcraft multi-step detail is crazy expensive (mainly the neutralizers and wash), but it's really hardcore professional stuff. You use the neutralizers and detail wash, and then use the Zaino multi-application method with the Motorcraft polish and wax and the results are ridiculous. Every bit as good as Zaino, if not better. Just thinking about it, the Motorcraft washes and polish paired up with Zaino Z-2 might just be the ultimate combo, I might have to give that a shot.

I've used the Zymol Cleaner Wax, and it sucks: http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-Natural-.../dp/B0002JN510
I can't figure out how Zymol can manage to charge $2,000+ for their high end wax. Their over-the-counter products suck and are easily blown away by brands like Meguiars's and Mother's, much less Motorcraft or Zaino Bros.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Big Bad
Zaino is really good stuff, I used to have the total show car kit and was always very impressed by it.

But then again, so is the Motorcraft stuff...
Step 1: Acid Neutralizer
Step 2: Alkaline Neutralizer
Step 3: Detail Wash
Step 4: Custom Clear Coat Polish
Step 5: Premium Liquid Wax

The Motorcraft multi-step detail is crazy expensive (mainly the neutralizers and wash), but it's really hardcore professional stuff. You used the neutralizers and detail wash, and then use the Zaino application method with the MC polish and wax and the results are ridiculous. Every bit as good as Zaino, if not better.

I've used the Zymol Cleaner Wax, and it sucks: Amazon.com: Zymol Natural Liquid Cleaner Wax 16 fl. oz.: Automotive
I can't figure out how Zymol can manage to charge $2,000+ for wax in their high end wax.
Yeah the zymol cleaner wax is also something to steer clear of. Basicly if it's sold by your local car spares shop then it aint much good. You will only find the budget end zymol cleaners and waxes at local stores. The high end stuff is very high end. Polishes are never a good idea. I used to use autoglym car cleaning products which were like the meguiars range but in the UK. They are great because you can pick them up anywhere but def not classed as high end cleaning products.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Big Bad
Elder User
A good quality polish that is formulated from the ground up for clear coats isn't a problem. The Motorcraft clear coat polish is outstanding, as is the Zaino clear coat polish.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:00 PM
FL299
Senior User
WOW What a TRUCK ! FORD sure does know how to build a truck ! You have every right to be proud !!!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Big Bad
A good quality polish that is formulated from the ground up for clear coats isn't a problem. The Motorcraft clear coat polish is outstanding, as is the Zaino clear coat polish.
Just dug this out from a site a see ages ago.

Polishing is one of the best ways to improve your finish, but it's also one of the quickest ways to scratch the heck out of it. so you should proceed with caution! There is lots of misunderstanding about what a polish is. This is compounded by the fact that various manufacturers use the words "polish" and "wax" loosely (or just plain wrong) for marketing purposes. A true polish is an abrasive compound that you rub on the finish of your car to make the finish smoother. Polishes range from quite abrasive, for removing heavy oxidation and similar problems, to barely abrasive at all, for the final step in making the finish as smooth as possible. The polish itself provides no protection; it just makes the surface smoother. Some waxes (notably "cleaner waxes") contain some amount of polish, and those waxes tend to give the average car a better shine because the average car's finish has been neglected and could use some polishing! If the polish you use is truly a polish, you'll still need to wax your car after you polish it.

Quick Reply: Got my Platinum at last