Sponsored by:

Interco Boggers

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interco Boggers

Anybody have experience with Super Swamper Boggers? I've been thinking of buying a pair for the back of my truck. Running TSL Radials up front and boggers in the back. TSL's for steering and Boggers for propelling.

I know they arn't a good street tire, i'll be doing more wheeling then pavement pounding.

I've heard that they will slide side to side EASY if your on a hill because there's no tread going that way. True? Seems like sound logic to me.

Let me soak up any opinions you guys have, good or bad.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:58 PM
highboy1975
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
ive never run them, but theyre loud on vehicles ive driven next to. supposed to be the best for mud.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Haha ONE of my tires is REALLY loud. I had bought them from craigslist for $150. For 5 of them. Two of them are brand new and three of them are kinda bald. One chunked. I mounted the wrong one so my front left tire makes alot of noise.

I figured they would be noisy, but as long as its behind my cab I don't care that much.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:18 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
theres a topic with a poll called "which interco tire" that will help you a bit i should be just down the page from this one

but the side to side thin sounds good to me and they are louder than hell on highway and wear FAST on highway and have little control on highway(especially wet highway) but if you dont roam the streets much its a helluva mud tire apparently haha ive 0 experience with em

Old 12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
UT runs/has run them. PM him

Old 12-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Anyone know what kind of miles I could expect with boggers on the pavement?

I don't like that side to side thing. I did alot of sliding sideways today in the snow! Mainly in ditches on the roads trying to get off far enough so others could pass. And coming down from the peak the hill was all really packed in snow. Basicly a solid sheet of ice. Ended up doing a 180 on the road, ending up in the ditch, then I throttled up and did another 180 and drove down. At the time I was like. WHOA that was fricking sweeeeet. Everyone was cheering.

Started thinking about it and i've decided to replace two of my tires and put a roll bar in the truck, cause that could have been really bad.

First time compression braking has failed me. :|

Old 12-14-2008, 11:36 PM
9.ford.5
Postmaster
less than 20k for sure i think UT said round 15000 was average

Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Alrighty. He'll prob reply here. If not i'll send him a messege.

Its funny, cause 15k doesn'[t seem all that bad. I've only put 3k on this truck and i've owned it for two years or so. I've done work to my front axle, swapped my engine and soon afterwards my transmission. And there's been alot of downtime at work so my truck has been sitting in my shop for a long time haha.

I went wheeling in the snow for about 6 hours today so I think we're good to go for now. :P

Old 12-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with regular driving expect to get no more than 20k at the most....
As far as gripping sideways on a hill.... Good luck. I cant say cause any hill that traction is THAT important, im not going to be driving sideways across...

Old 12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
ns_redneck
Senior User
i love them. i wouldn't run anything else in the mud. i have used them quite a bit on the street too. they are noisy. but awesome in the mud.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
TheTinian
Posting Guru
be prepared to break stuff in your driveline. Maybe not an axle....but u-joints, driveshafts, etc...

Also boggers absoultly SUCK on the highway. Not to say I wouldnt buy a pair if I had the opportunity. But, they will not last long and are pretty bad in the rain. Never had experience with em in the snow.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:23 PM
DesertStorm
Elder User
I have a set of 38.5x11xr15 s
My truck has welded diffs. Your experience may vary.
Snow=good, i run the speed limit in snow with mine
Ice=suck, all over the road
pavement=ok
wet pavement=scary
gravel=busted windows
mud=excellent
sand=ok
trees, ruts, stumps=excellent
rocks=excellent running about 10psi
sidehilling=fair not quite as bad as some say
wet sloppy gooey mudholes=the best of the best

you probably wont get much over 15K out of a set, much, much, less if you are locked.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Its not locked atm. I'm not really saying I plan going sideways across a hill, but lots of snowy hills. You don't really control what happens on the ice sometimes.

"gravel=busted windows"

Thats what mud flaps are for bud. I just put some on cause I got pulled over for not having any. Haha.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 PM
DesertStorm
Elder User
Originally Posted by Prozon
Its not locked atm. I'm not really saying I plan going sideways across a hill, but lots of snowy hills. You don't really control what happens on the ice sometimes.

"gravel=busted windows"

Thats what mud flaps are for bud. I just put some on cause I got pulled over for not having any. Haha.
Snowy hills you should be ok.
If we have a good 1/4" of ice on the road, nothing is moving. I have been known to put sheet metal screws in the lugs. Then I can move around fairly well.

BTW not my windows, other peoples. No mudflap law down here. Only happend once, came out of a gravel road some woman got on my rear cause I was going sorta slow then when I sped up the gravel started to fly.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,739 Likes on 1,330 Posts
I've done, and seen A LOT of fourwheeling over the years. Mostly mud, but quite a bit of trails.

Out of ALL the rigs I've seen (at my hangout), only 2-3 run Boggers. The rest run TSL's and IROK's.

I think that says something...

Quick Reply: Interco Boggers