General Automotive Discussion

Why would Ford build anything the buyer wants?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 PM
excaliber551
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dkf
Excaliber, I've read many of your past posts and it seems that for the most part they are pretty much all negative towards Ford. Its your opinion and your entitled to it but seriously why do you hang around a site and constantly bash a vehicle or brand? I've had bad experiences with Explorers and will probably never buy another and Ford is far from perfect. Your negativetivity just gets old......maybe its time for you to move on.
Are you a Mod who's suggesting I leave. PM me and we'll talk about it.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
OldBlueOvalDude
Senior User
Let's not get into bashing or talking smack-life is too short. If you look at the facts, however, the Japanese have gotten a free ride in the p.r. department for a long time. Take the Toyota 5.7 (somebody correct me if this isn't the right engine) cam problems. Toyota blamed it on a shoddy supplier and the whole issue went away, Consumer Reports got right back to spooning up to 'Yota, gave them a free pass. Yet in 1977 GM had a similiar problem with it's 305 powerplant and the media tore them a new one. To this day if you mention the 305 in most circles it will be scoffed at as the SBC with bad cams. Now I'm no fan of GM, but they are one of the home teams and should be judged on the same plain as their competition. The problem is that Toyota has spent millions brainwashing us that Toyota is "smart" (so everything else must be stupid, right?) and the Japanese can do no wrong with the various consumer publications. No wonder when Ford catches up and actually surpasses it's foreign competition in quality the general public doesn't believe it. I've owned just about everything over the years and just never got the whole Japanese thing. Yeah, they were good vehicles and they had some superior and other inferior attributes, but for some reason it just seemed like the right thing to do, to buy Ford products. I'd rather have the profit, bricks and mortar, workers benefits and r&d money that result from a vehicle sale stay here.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by wendell borror
What are you talking about, ford has more veicles with 5 star safty ratings than anyone else, As far as the firestone feasco, ford and firestone paid dearly. Ford had delt with firestone for a 100 years, then the japanese bought firstone and put out an inferior product, crap happens. I have no idea of what your talking about in the super duty, nor do you. You have 9 posts here, if this is the kinda crap you have to offer, whay are you here? Why don't you go over toyota's safty record, if you can get it released as they keep things hush, hush as much as possible. The stories I could tell you from my time at the yoda dealer. No car company is perfect just like no people are perfect. This continual ford bashing shouldn't be toleraded by the mods or our members. Opinions are one thing, but all out attacks like from fountain1 in over the line for a newbie and he's more than like'ly a troll and needs to hit the road. If he would have said one thing nice about ford in his post, then it's a ford guy's opinion, but nothing but a post full of attacks and bashing," come on guy's", lets stand up for our truck brand and nip this sorta crap in the bud. I've owned super duties, explorers and even pinto's and have had none of them try to kill me, or even a safty issue. However, I'm not going to be the lone ranger here on defending ford, I need some help, "come on ford guy's, where are you all at"?
well then, this will be my 8th or ninth post , you are far supperior than i . you can tell by youre supperior post count number, youre research is lacking at best . maybe you should read more and rant less , there is a major design flaw in the 05 to present sd read up post god ! I can only wait till i can post with gleem knowing im almost to 10 POSTS. i guess one should be a good boy and rant how great ford is . are you a follower or a leader !

Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
AND FOR THE RECORD , PRESENTLY TITLES OWNED BY ME ARE AS FOLLOWS 1 1995 E 350 15 PASSAGER BOUGHT ALMOST NEW 200.015 ON THE CLOCK AND GOING STRONG , 1 1996 E 350 15 PASS ECONO 89000 THOU AND ALSO GOING STRONG , 06 F 350 DUELLY FX 4 31000 ,2001 PONTIAC EXT MONTANNA 81000 , AND 1 2001 CADDY DTS WITH 61000 ON THE ODOMETER , THIS EQUALLS TO 1 TENTH OF THE FORDS IVE OWNED PLUS A FEW OTHERS BRANDS ,OVER THE YEARS SO i BELIEVE IVE OWNED A RIGHT TO SAY AS I PLEASE ABOUT FORD , ALSO SINCE I OWN A LARGE AMOUNT OF DOWNWARD SPIRALING FORD STOCK I FEEL CONSTUCTIVE CRITICISM CAN GO ALONG WAY IN MAKING A CO MAKE DECISSIONS THAT WILL PROMOTE BETTER BUISNESS !! THUS WE ALL CAN CONTINUE TO BE AMERICAN AND BUY AMERICAN . i FOR ONE HAVE NEVER OWNED A FORIGN CAR NOR PROBABLY WILL . I CAN UPLOAD THE TITLES IF SO FIT , SINCE I DO ONLY NOW HAVE 12 POSTS . THANKS THE TROLL !!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:20 PM
MisterDave2
Elder User
It's interesting reading all this stuff. I've really always thought of Ford as two companies. Ford cars and Ford Trucks, maybe that's kind of stupid. There were times when I wouldn't even consider a Ford car, but if I wanted a truck it would be a Ford. For years I took care of a fair number of Ford ambulances from the middle 1980s until about 1997. Gassers, then later diesels and turbo diesels. In all those years and many thousands of miles I could count the major repairs in my head in a few minutes. These things got the absolute crap beat out of them, a few got crashed and rebuilt, almost indestructable. One required a transmission, none ever had engine work, one needed the front end and steering rebuilt. Worst thing is they used to eat batteries, tires and brakes. Just the nature of the business. Also in 1975 Firestone 500 tires were standard on Cadillac ambulance and hearse chasis. Big disaster and recall, they were self destructing and blowing out all over the place, very dangerous!!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:04 AM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fountain, the only problem I see here is you spouting about the so called problems with the superduties, yet you've FAILED to cough up ANY link to any article about it. If it's such a common problem there should be a TSB no?

Old 12-16-2008, 06:50 AM
freightdogfred
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MisterDave2
It's interesting reading all this stuff. I've really always thought of Ford as two companies. Ford cars and Ford Trucks, maybe that's kind of stupid.
Actually, not stupid at all. I've owned a few Toyota trucks in my day, they all gave good service. (That 22R is a great motor) I then bought a 1983 Ford F150 4x4 with a 302 that was making an engine racket so the owner wanted to unload it. I overhauled the valve train (new cam, lifters sprocket and chain) but it turned out to be a bad piston. Dropped the pan, found half a piston skirt, pulled a piston out of a junked 302 and stuck in it. That engine now has over 200,000 mi. on it. (I bought it with 140,000) I live on an Island with some pretty steep hills and I've gone over the scales at the Quarry at over 10,000 lbs. (The truck weighs about 4300, you do the math.)

My point is that Ford 150 was a beast, she'd haul anything I put in and go.
I bought a 1998 Ford Taurus at an auction with 15,000 miles and that car is without a doubt the BIGGEST P.O.S. I've ever owned. The list of stuff that has crapped out on that car already is amazing. If you go to Atlanta at the east edge of the airport you'll see them tearing down the FordTaurus/Mercury Sable plant. People get tired of *****ty cars, and Detroit's right now getting a real wakeup call.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:55 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
I had an 01 super duty and I never had a problem with it, nor have I heard of any problems, this is all news to me. I've been on this site a long time, you would think it would have come up before. Also, I work construction where we have a lot of SD's on the site and I haven't heard anything. Not saying your wrong, that it just must be a well kept secert. No, fountain 1, I don't think as a newbie, your first post should be ford bashing if thats your intent. If you have a concern, express it in such a way that it doesn't come across as ford is junk and start bashing. I'm sorry for anyone that I have offended. we are a very pro ford in my family, starting with my grandpa, my dad is a ford retiree. Everything we had as I was growing up was due to ford, my dad still recieves a pension and medical from ford and I still get Z-plan. Both of my sons drive fords. Were 4 generations of ford lovers. I'm a very loyal person and since ford has been such a big part of my life, I'm protective of them as well as loyal. I know the OP didn't mean for this post to get out of hand and get ugly, I apologize to him as well as others for my strong stance. I'm not sorry for sticking up for ford, but I should of handled it better than go on the attack. However, I stay say ford is the best, screw the rest hee hee!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 07:10 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Freightdogfred, now thats the proper way to post without bashing ford. He had positive things to say about is truck and a bad experience with his car. It didn't come across as ford bashing. Good job freightdogfred. My wife had a 99 taraus, she put a 140,000 miles on it and hit 2 deer with it ha ha. Our experience with the taraus was different than yours as ours was positive. I've never had a bad experience with a ford product in my 49 years on this earth. I started out drag racing fords in the mid 70's and tore some stuff up, but that was pure abuse. My first vehicle I bought at age 14 was a 1950 ford p/u, flat head 6 with 3 speed on the floor. I paid a 150.00 bucks for it from my cousin. It was the best truck I ever owned. Seemed like that truck would go through anything, take anything you through at it, the thing was just indestructable. I sold it to another cousin for 50.00 bucks who restored it and still has it today. You can't touch it for less than 15,000.00$. I wish I had it back, but it won't sell it to me for the 50.00$ he paid ha ha.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:29 AM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Originally Posted by pfogle
Fountain, the only problem I see here is you spouting about the so called problems with the superduties, yet you've FAILED to cough up ANY link to any article about it. If it's such a common problem there should be a TSB no?
search for death wobble on this site sir or for that matter search for 05 to 08 ford catostophic front end shake and see for youreself , florida has a class action going on right now , and yes thers been tsb out since new . infact i beleieve thers been trhree updates to the tsb . its all here righr on this site for all to see !!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Fountain 1, what is causing this wobble and wahts the fix? I'm just curious as I try to stay up on ford. My SD was an 01 and alot of them at the job are older ones as well. Honestly haven't heard anything on it, but I'm mostly into the rangers, so I don't visit the SD sites alot these days

Old 12-16-2008, 08:56 AM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
As I've stated above its a design flaw directly effected from the change over from springs to coil front suspention . As of right now there are a few bandades to the prob but no real cure. My 06 shakes violently, after hitting almost anything bridges, any slight deviations in the road , I no longer can allow my family to ride in this High dollar investment, I love my sd but its unsafe. And the pisser is ford is reluctantly screwing everyone with one of theese trucks , Its a little funny that being the avid ford person, that youre unawhere of an event effecting so many of us fellow ford SD owners . i'll get some of these tsb and post them as well, link a thread also. THEN we can see whose been here just to bash ford. just maybe ford has bashed me !!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...ICLE/809280354
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...th-wobble.html
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ow-to-fix.html

Old 12-16-2008, 09:45 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
I know your upset with me, however, I'm trying to make peace as arguing takes away from the enjoyment of this site. Apparently, I'm not the only ford guy who hasn't heard of this problem. It hasn't come up on this site anywhere that I've read. Like I said, my SD was an 01 and still had front leafs. Also I've been mostly a ranger guy as I've owned 7 of them. I bought the SD new in 01 to pull a large travel trailor. It was a 4x4 sopercab with the V-10, 5-speed and 4;30 gears. It was a beast and a very tough truck. My only real complaint was the turning radius, it sorta sucked, not good for mall parking ha ha. The camping thing was just a phase my wife went through and when it was over, we sold both the camper and SD. The SD was a great truck, tough as nails and very powerfull, but impracticle for my daily needs, so it was back to rangers in 04. I still say, if your bitter at ford, comming on to a ford enthusiast site isn't the way to go. At least said you love your SD except for.......We know ford isn't perfect or any other car manufacture, but we come here becuase we love ford and talking about them. If you noticed there are other ford lovers on here besides me. You haven't come close to running into all of them yet.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 AM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
SIR IM NOT UPSET WITH YOU , I do believe you insult the ones that dont have a large post count . As i seek justification beating somone down mearly because of factual number . Nor feel calling someone names " troll " just because hes added to thread an opinion that doesnt agree with youre or for the fact a communitys opionion . Youre clearly out of line in youre ways of getting youre way across . Youre entitled to youre ideas . As am i . this is a public forum to discuss circumstances pressented in a unique thread . This has turned into a deal that reminds me of the whole rep vs dem thing , I in no way ever lashed out towd you or any other member nor will I . I stick up and say my information is clearly credible , several threads adressing issues in question . This stands out as you were quik to jump and had not done youre research witch will only bring conflict . you need to sit back and realize that there are always two stories to every tale .The my way or the highway will always leave you looking ignorant . PS the links are posted above in previous message in this thread all of wich were took off this site !! read more post less

Old 12-16-2008, 11:42 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Ok, first of all, I said I didn't have any problems with my SD or the ones at work, this is a factaul statement and does not make me look ignorant, Second of all when you have people with a low post count bashing ford, alot of times it is trolls. When you have been here as long as I have you will know what I mean. Thirdly, it was another member questioning your facts and wanted proof and wanted to see a TSB on the subject, not me. It's a public forum true, but privately owned and operated for an expressed purpose, a gathering place for ford truck enthusiasts. I know we got off on the wrong foot, but there were others that jumped on you as well, but I'm now the lone target of your wrath. Thats OK, I've broad shoulders, I can take it. I can take it as well as dish it out ha ha.

Quick Reply: Why would Ford build anything the buyer wants?