1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

OK, what did I do to my motor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Butch(OH)
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, what did I do to my motor?

Sorry for all the wierd problems I spring upon you guys but here is the latest. While playing around with my truck testing the fix for my vibration deal with my new clutch I took it up against the governor to see how bad it was at high revs. Did it twice just for a second each time,never had it agist the stops before. Satisfied that my vibration was gone I shut it off and put it down off the stands to test drive. When I started it it had to crank at least three times as long as it allways has before it started. I am thinking about 3-4 seconds although I didnt look at my watch. It used to start instantly cold or hot including the time I started it and put it against the governor, so what is causing this all of the sudden? Drove it a few miles tonight and shut it off five times to check out this new starting deal and each time it had to crank a long time. When it starts there is no chugging or miss just takes a long time, seems to run fine once started. So what did I do to it by putting it against the stops??

Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I doubt you did anything. But just in case, does it still do it?
Bumping this to the top for ya.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Butch(OH)
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Neal, Have not driven it for a few days as have been busy other things. I rememered seeing a thread here where one of the posters said that injector oring problems would show up by putting one against the stops and wierd things would happen. Now I cant find the thread to re-read it? maybe my truck is possessed?