Computer Chips & Tuners  

Gen1 Lightning MAF harness w/computer. Chip question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 05:20 PM
john410312
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen1 Lightning MAF harness w/computer. Chip question.

I picked up, off eBay, a complete engine harness w/ MAF conversion, MAF sensor and AKC0 computer. It came with 2 "chips". The ebay post said one chip was for a "turbo setup" and the other for a Kenne Bell set up. Both were for 47# injectors. I'm assuming the Kenne Bell was a supercharger. One has a toggle switch on it too.
Could someone maybe elaborate what kind of programming would be on these two chips? How would they be different?

Old 12-14-2008, 12:35 AM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbos take a moment to spool up and produce large amounts of boost. Kenne Bell makes roots/screw style chargers which make instant boost and have their own displacement. So I imagine, the advance curves are going to account for the difference when the cylinders are under full pressure and how much pressure they should be under. Same should go with fuel, closed loop fuel parameters are probably different because the screw makes a fairly constant pressure while the turbo can make more the more the exhaust flows.

Either way, I wouldn't use either tune on a naturally aspirated motor.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:02 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There's no way anyone can tell you with any certainty what's programmed in the chips since they are apparently custom. You'd need the person who programmed it to look at their records for it. The chips are basically useless to you, unless you can find someone who can reprogram them for your truck (what brand are they, what do they look like).

Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Blurry94
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
You can use either chip and have a them reprogrammed to suite your needs, but I wouldn't use the programs that are on there, even if you're also running forced induction.