Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

My 2009 F-150 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 PM
morgan867
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the nice posts about the truck. I truly love and enjoy driving the truck. I thought my Mark LT was a nice truck, which it was, but this truck is just over the top!!

Here are some things I have noticed about the truck. First thing, it is much FASTER than the previous models. I remember all the posts about Ford not having a ton of horsepower in this new truck but whatever they did it worked. When you hit that gas pedal your moving and if you want to pass it accelerates very quickly. Also if you turn off the traction control it will spin the tires and a stand still, my Mark LT could not.

I ordered the optional trailer tow mirrors, which yes they are big. But with having the upper and lower mirrors you can see everything behind you. Ford messed up one thing with these mirrors though. I know the Super Duties have very similar mirrors and those mirrors powerfold in, these do not. Which I not have to pull in one mirror to get it into the garage. I wish they would have used the same mirrors or made these power fold in.

The new Sony Nav system is awesome!! Sounds great and the SYNC is very cool. People are gonna think I am weird talking to my truck, but hey, the truck talks back to me. Subwoofer in the back really puts out bass if you like that. I like bass, I have it set at the top setting and you can really get the truck a rockin'. Back up camera is neat, will be very useful in hooking up my trailers. With the lines it shows on the screen you can back up right to the trailers ball. Also when I get out of the truck the seat moves back and the power tilt steering wheels lifts up and of course when I get back in, the seat moves forward and the steering wheel comes down.

Another thing I noticed today was the rain sensitive wipers. If I just leave the wiper on any intermitent setting the wipers go on and off by themself. And as it rains harder the wipers speed up or vise versa. When I pull in the garage they totally stop.

The interior is also very quiet. You really don't hear much while driving. With the truck having power deployable running boards you don't hear the wind going past them since they are not sticking out in the wind.

Anyway if you can get yourself an '09, do!! The trucks color is Royal Red and NO I don't want to trade it, well till the 6.2L comes out but that is why I lease, gotta have the new stuff.

Great Job Ford!!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:47 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,233 Likes on 809 Posts
Great review! Thanks.

Tim

Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Recall
Senior User
Nice review seems to have alot of neat features and again congrats !

Old 12-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
All that we have seen so far, is a new King Ranch.

How do the "extras" for the Platnum differ from the King Ranch ??

I also ask a local dealer yesterday, and the few leftover Lincoln LT's have up to almost $13,000 in rebates.

Didn't have the color that I was interested in, BUT, that is alot of money off for a new truck !!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by wedge88
Wow nice truck but $50K and no remote start. I thought the platinum came with everything? For $50K a ford employee bettter show up at my house every morning and start the truck for me.
I have the remote start on my 09 and when I am coming in from bowhunting on my farm, I can start my truck from, I am guessing here, about 1/8 of a mile away. I am going to try 1/4 mile next time. The truck stays locked and the lights come on. I am glad I got it. The truck warms up and the heat is on by the time I get to it.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by morgan867
Thanks for all the nice posts about the truck. I truly love and enjoy driving the truck. I thought my Mark LT was a nice truck, which it was, but this truck is just over the top!!

Here are some things I have noticed about the truck. First thing, it is much FASTER than the previous models. I remember all the posts about Ford not having a ton of horsepower in this new truck but whatever they did it worked. When you hit that gas pedal your moving and if you want to pass it accelerates very quickly. Also if you turn off the traction control it will spin the tires and a stand still, my Mark LT could not.

I ordered the optional trailer tow mirrors, which yes they are big. But with having the upper and lower mirrors you can see everything behind you. Ford messed up one thing with these mirrors though. I know the Super Duties have very similar mirrors and those mirrors powerfold in, these do not. Which I not have to pull in one mirror to get it into the garage. I wish they would have used the same mirrors or made these power fold in.

The new Sony Nav system is awesome!! Sounds great and the SYNC is very cool. People are gonna think I am weird talking to my truck, but hey, the truck talks back to me. Subwoofer in the back really puts out bass if you like that. I like bass, I have it set at the top setting and you can really get the truck a rockin'. Back up camera is neat, will be very useful in hooking up my trailers. With the lines it shows on the screen you can back up right to the trailers ball. Also when I get out of the truck the seat moves back and the power tilt steering wheels lifts up and of course when I get back in, the seat moves forward and the steering wheel comes down.

Another thing I noticed today was the rain sensitive wipers. If I just leave the wiper on any intermitent setting the wipers go on and off by themself. And as it rains harder the wipers speed up or vise versa. When I pull in the garage they totally stop.

The interior is also very quiet. You really don't hear much while driving. With the truck having power deployable running boards you don't hear the wind going past them since they are not sticking out in the wind.

Anyway if you can get yourself an '09, do!! The trucks color is Royal Red and NO I don't want to trade it, well till the 6.2L comes out but that is why I lease, gotta have the new stuff.

Great Job Ford!!
The Sony radio does rock but, they put the sub-woofer under the single rear seat and it takes away from storage. You can't put something all the way across the floor as it is in the way.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:37 AM
daytomann
Senior User

Great Job Ford!!

Yeah its awesome how many bells and whistles they put in the truck. What a bang for the buck!
My wife's Commander has the rain sensing wipers...nice feature, I love it.
The amp research auto folding side steps are trick.
You need to stop posting these great reviews...its ...tempting......me.
STOP IT!! LOL!!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:39 AM
daytomann
Senior User
The slight bump in HP and torque helped a little I'm sure but the gear ratio coupled with the 6 speed tranny probably helped alot.

I should probably go test drive one to confirm your assessment....

Old 12-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Carl Lassiter
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
Went to sort out trying to find another platinum and it should be here thursday but it was a little more expensive. MSRP was a couple $'s over $50k and i got it for $41345 after rebates. They had quite a few models down there and they look even better in person. They have them parked next to 08's and they look so different. even more than in pictures. I didnt want to spoil mine when i get it so i didnt sit inside but it sure looks nice inside in person as well. I dont know if they are any bigger but they sure do look bigger when side by side. Might be the new front end but they look beefy. Roll on friday.
Before or after tt&l?

Congrats by the way

also congrats to the op, great looking truck. huge rear legroom too.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
before tt&l. That was about $2000 extra

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Before or after tt&l?

Congrats by the way

also congrats to the op, great looking truck. huge rear legroom too.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:37 AM
BayouSupercrew
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Nice rig although when I saw the first few pics I knew it was over $40k and I have a hard time buying any car that cost as much as some peoples home, nothing against you its just the auto industry is crazy high compared to what the average person makes in this country in this day in age.

Like the colors too.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Carl Lassiter
Senior User
accidental repost

Old 12-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Carl Lassiter
Senior User
Originally Posted by BayouSupercrew
Very Nice rig although when I saw the first few pics I knew it was over $40k and I have a hard time buying any car that cost as much as some peoples home, nothing against you its just the auto industry is crazy high compared to what the average person makes in this country in this day in age.

Like the colors too.
Maybe I'm just lucky but I've never seen a home for anywhere near $40k (unless it's on wheels)

Old 12-12-2008, 06:43 PM
BayouSupercrew
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Maybe I'm just lucky but I've never seen a home for anywhere near $40k (unless it's on wheels)
First home I ever owned was a new construction 1.5 story "starter home": $52,500, circa 1984, we lived there 10 years, sold for $55k and a year after that the real estate market went thru the roof, 3 years after that same house was over $100k....that was about a dozen homes back, last new construion home we bought was june this year, 2000sq, 1.5 acres, $220k.

FWIW: the sticker on my 08 lariat was 38k and I drove it home for $27k which I still think is outrageous for all the plastic on the interior and half leather seats.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:51 PM
excaliber551
Elder User
Nice looking truck. I saw a Lariat in the same color at the dealership last week. That red color is really nice with all the flake in it. The Chrome really sets it off.

I really liked the dark blue but that Red is starting to really grow on me.

Quick Reply: My 2009 F-150 Platinum