2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S.o.s.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:07 PM
sdmmwal
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.o.s.

Of course now that im @63k miles recently paid off my truck the problems are starting. (not including all the warranty issues in the past) Over the holiday I drove to N.C. from South Fl. In Jacksonville while putting it into passing gear what felt like very bad tranny shutter and power loss the check engine light flashed a couple of times then went away. the rest of the wat there i took it easy. When i got into town I romped on it, shutter not nearly so bad felt more like a cylinder miss from ingnitoin or low fuel pressure. Got back into town yesterday drove today with same contitions.

For the record when i got the tranny flushes at @35k since then while driving at a steady mild exceleration rpms would surge back and forth until you would increase or decrease throttle positon to shift into next gear. One other comment, while in OD steady driving in traffic lightly changing throttle position it would create a very harsh shift coming out of OD or possibly lock-up? Of couse once again bringing it back to dealer all i got was ( no disrespect to any tech that is concerned about a customers problem and not the poor warranty times ) all i got was, could not duplicate or No problem Found..

Not slamming the truck or fords ( my Dad retiered from FO-MO-CO) my entire family drive multiple FORDS this on being my 5th is it time to by something new again or something different maybe see if thet will do a P05.

Anyhow havent tried checking for codes yet was hoping someone might be able to comment from experence of hands on.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:15 AM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you had a misfire on one of your cylinders. Pull the code and it should give you a better idea what happened...

Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 AM
sdmmwal
New User
Possible misfire

Even though the light wasnt on, I got a p0171 Lean condition Bank one. It noted that possibilities could be.
O2 sensor
misfire
I thought of changing out the plug boots on bank one instead out swaping around coils or replacing. Back to the codes- you think it should have stated code what cylinder misfire and what about fuel pump?

Old 12-07-2008, 02:22 AM
rickh6155
Freshman User
Same problem with my 04 SCREW. Replaced the COP boots with little improvement, but I figure, I usually change out spark plug wires on my 'conventional' ignition systems, so all 8 of the COPs on mine are candidates for replacement when the funds ($30-40 apiece) become available after Christmas...

Old 12-07-2008, 09:16 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't ever go into "passing gear" from OD. The 4-2 downshift is very hard on the tranny. Hit the OD button to drop to 3 then immediately hit the pedal to shift to 2nd.