Need ICP help please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:26 PM
YZGUYONE25
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need ICP help please!

Okay here is what I have to start with. 1997 F250 7.3/auto/4x4/365k

I have been playin' with a few mods here and there but the one that has me stumped in the whole 10k-22k ICP mod. I attempted to do this mod on my truck with absolutely ZERO results. I made numerous different resistor setups to make sure I had solid connections everywhere. I even tried the resistor in the correct wires for the sensor. Still gave me NO results at all.

So tonight I decided to unplug the connector and see if the truck starts. Sure enough it fires right up! So from what I gathered this tells me I have a bad sensor correct??

I remember reading on here there is one ICP sensor to avoid, I think it had to do with date codes?? How do I make sure to get the right sensor?

Finally, does the computer just run at a preset fuel pressure if this sensor is no good? If so, what pressure does it run at??

Thanks!
Justin!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:02 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Yes it will run with a default parameter. As far as I know, the different style sensor thing was for cam sensors. I've never heard of different ICP sensor. If you have a friend with a psd, I'd ask to swap for a test. They are pricey little items.