General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

The New O/T

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:38 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Ah your a fellow wii player too eh? I got one awhile back and am trying to get into it, its pretty fun, although I just have a couple games that came with it. I love how it gets ya off of the couch to play!

Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UP_There
Arianna LOVES to watch Daddy play Wii She brings me the remote and starts dancing around yelling Wiiiiii Wiiiiii Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Ha! I'm still trying to beat my kids in Mario Kart. I'm getting much better but just not quick enough for them.

duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 77 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by UP_There
Welcome to the Funny Farm!
Thanks! I usually see Nolan once or twice a week and I always get the "did you read the OT thread", "have you checked out the OT thread". So ifugured i better get in here.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Originally Posted by duck fan
Thanks! I usually see Nolan once or twice a week and I always get the "did you read the OT thread", "have you checked out the OT thread". So ifugured i better get in here.
Be careful, it'll suck you in.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 77 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Ponyboychris
Be careful, it'll suck you in.
Lets see this is my third post in it already. It may have sucked me in.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
So check this out.

Today, one of my best workers has a toothache. Rather than take a day off and go to the dentist and get it taken care of he comes to work and tries to stick it out. I guess this tooth has been bothering him all week. Well, at about 3pm he decides that the pain is too intense and he can't take it any longer so he gets a pair of pliers, goes to the restroom and proceeds to yank the tooth out of his mouth. No anesthesia, no nothing. Just jerks it out. The bad part in all of this is that the tooth was abcessed and the abcess ruptured.

We had to call an ambulance to come and pick him up and take him away.

Unbelieveable.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Damn Scott. Reminds me of the scene in the movie "Castaway" when Tom Hanks bangs that tooth out with the ice skate.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:53 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thats intense Scott. I couldnt imagine yanking my own tooth out either, ouch!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Originally Posted by Ponyboychris
Damn Scott. Reminds me of the scene in the movie "Castaway" when Tom Hanks bangs that tooth out with the ice skate.
That's the first thing that I thought of when I got to the restroom and heard what had happened and saw the tooth, the pliers and all of the blood.

Originally Posted by preppypyro
Thats intense Scott. I couldnt imagine yanking my own tooth out either, ouch!
This guy is one of the hundred mile an hour types. Always getting after it, always busy, always hustling. Hard, hard worker. I can give this guy a monumental project or job and just walk away, he'll get it done.

Add tough to the list.

And stubborn.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Texas Outlaw
So check this out.

Today, one of my best workers has a toothache. Rather than take a day off and go to the dentist and get it taken care of he comes to work and tries to stick it out. I guess this tooth has been bothering him all week. Well, at about 3pm he decides that the pain is too intense and he can't take it any longer so he gets a pair of pliers, goes to the restroom and proceeds to yank the tooth out of his mouth. No anesthesia, no nothing. Just jerks it out. The bad part in all of this is that the tooth was abcessed and the abcess ruptured.

Unbelieveable.

Ha, another been there done that one for y'all. My youngest daughter (also a RN) caught me in her basement a few years ago doing the same thing and took the needlenose away from me. But a few hours later when she was not looking I finished the job. I guess I got lucky cuz I had no problems.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:39 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So check this out.

Unbelieveable.
Dang Scott, if you weren't such a slave driver (can we still say that?) and let the man have some time off.....

Old 11-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Originally Posted by zx250
Dang Scott, if you weren't such a slave driver (can we still say that?) and let the man have some time off.....
That's just it, I am really easy going about that stuff and would have been especially easy going with this guy. He works tons of OT and never misses work. All he had to do was say "Hey, I need to take off to go to the dentist" and it would have been completely cool.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's just it, I am really easy going about that stuff and would have been especially easy going with this guy. He works tons of OT and never misses work. All he had to do was say "Hey, I need to take off to go to the dentist" and it would have been completely cool.
Maybe you do not pay him enough and can't afford a dentist?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So check this out.

Unbelieveable.
Damn.....no whiskey or anything! That's Hard Core!

Old 11-20-2008, 06:05 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know, JK. Hate it when a good man does dumb things. Rather than miss a few hours for the dentist, he may well miss the rest of the week.

Quick Reply: The New O/T