General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

The New O/T

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:55 AM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan my prayers are with you and your family!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Powerstrokedlariat
Postmaster
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you guys, all the time. It really does feel like family around here. Just wanted to say it,

Old 11-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Little change of subject here for a minute

I posted this in Petes thread too, but thought I would toss it in here for some conversation topic. Such as what do you folks in the frozen north set your thermostats at?

I don't know if I'm going to make it ten days here, my daughter-in-law (wears the pants, the boy did not learn that from me) let me know in no uncertain terms that 64 degree's in this house was it. I am freezing my *** off as I type wondering where to go. Maybe out to daughters, but they live about 40 miles out of town. I am going to post this in the OT too.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
As an addition to my above post. My thinking is you spend what, 75 to 90 years on Earth, then eternity 6 foot under real cold. Why suffer in the few years you're given to save a few pennies that you can't spend when you have no choice but to be cold anyway.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dan, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. From the last 4+ years of hanging out here, it was easy to see your family ties run deep. I know this is hard and I hope you know that your family here is sharing your grief. Take care of yourself and your family during this time.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
Well, Ladies and Gentlemen.
I just returned home from my father in law's house.
He is in the very last days of his life.
The doctor gives him 24 to 48 hours.
I write this with a heavy heart, he has been the best father in law that any man could ask for.
All I really can do is post some pictures of the man who is the father of my wife.
Words cannot express the loss that we are all facing right now.

And Kriss's brother, Chuck.
Dan, those were great pictures. Always remember him like that - playing with the grandkids, smiling, and enjoying life.

I know we all feel great sorrow for you right now. Stick together, and remember that its okay to cry. But also remember that you'll see him again someday.

Let us know if you need anything.

Originally Posted by liftedgrocerygetter
I wish She is a little busy right now with Randy, she has forgotten all about me haha
I'm not too busy for you...but I am busy!

Originally Posted by Markadeck
Daughter 32, and granddaughter that I had not seen other than photos of until today, 5 months. Would not cooperate for photo session.

Wow Mark, what two good looking ladies.

Originally Posted by liftedgrocerygetter
So here is the reason behind the chocolate and alcohol, wasn't sure if I would post about it now or later but what the hell. I have had a constant headache for around a month now. Some days are okay, some are killers. I finally went to the doctor this morning and he is worried about them. He is thinking something along the lines of a tumor or problem with my thyroid or pituitary gland. My aunt had a thyroid tumor and my dad had a pituitary tumor, yeah me. He drew blood and I just got a call from the imaging place he is sending me too, I go in Friday at 11 for a scan with contrast. Shouldn't take too long to scan since there isn't much upstairs I am sure I will be okay but just scared so I stocked up on chocolate and alcohol. I will keep everyone informed as soon as I learn something.
Cris, I'm glad you're getting this taken care of. With medical issues, ignoring stuff and waiting is not the best option, especially since you are in pain. Let me know if you need anything girl.

Originally Posted by nlemerise
I got into genealogy about ten years ago...I have about 35,000 people in my family tree dating back to the 1600's. Anyway, lots of long-lived people in the lineage, some lived into their 90's back in the early 1700's in Canada. Here is a relative (Michel Soucy) and a picture of him plowing with his team at 100 years of age.
Its always cool to see where you came from.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Morning Yall....

So this is what happens when i get bored at the barn/my work.

Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by indebt
man I am hooked on this iphone just spent 3hrs Down loading 1000 games on the darn thing. Anyone else have one and love it? Funny how I spent tons of money on a bunch of NES games back in the day. Now I have every single one in the palm of my hand and it only took about 100megs!

Im a nes fan too I have the emulator on both my computers and play them from time to time, one of my favorite games is friday the 13th

Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Markadeck
I posted this in Petes thread too, but thought I would toss it in here for some conversation topic. Such as what do you folks in the frozen north set your thermostats at?
I set ours at 65 up here, and its pretty damn toasty! I was thinking about bumping it down to 60, and just wearing warmer clothes around the house.

I find 65 to be just about too warm.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:26 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Dan, I'm so sorry to hear of the news. Tough road ahead, I know. I'm not the best at this sort of thing, but know that if you need anything, we're here for you. My prayers are with you and your family.

Cris, I'm glad you're going to the doc to get the headaches looked at. Keep your chin up and hope for the best.

Scott, go to the doc. The heart is not something to take lightly.

Mark, I agree with you that 64 is way too cold...but that's no big surprise coming from me. My house does not get any colder than 68, and that's only at night when I've got a bunch of covers on the bed to keep me warm. You do have a beautiful daughter too.

I've got a bunch of stuff to take care of around the house here today. Was so exhausted when I got home last night, I fell asleep, still dressed, with the lights and TV still on about 10pm. Woke up around 1am to shut all that stuff off and crawl into bed. I think the last two weeks of being on the go finally caught up to me.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:31 AM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Good morning everyone!

Nice to see you on again Lisa, how was your last day at work?

Nolan, the arena looks nice and clean.

Mark- I keep my house around 70, would love to take that down a couple degrees but my girls can't seem to stay covered up at night.

Jeremy- Glad you finally got some much needed rest!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Cris, Feeling better?

Old 11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Powerstrokedlariat
Postmaster
Mine is set at 69 all year round. 70 is too warm, and 68 is too cold. It just seems to fit.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
65* here and you NEVER turn it off. You learn things like that when you have 90% humidity regularly.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
If i set the thermostat at 70 I would have to keep the windows open!

Quick Reply: The New O/T