Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Adios muffler

Old 11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
pwstroker69
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adios muffler

Thanks to those of you who replied on my muffler delete question a few months ago. Just wanted to give you my feedback/ an update as I finally found time to crawl under the truck and pull it off.

First, I got underneath and pulled the muffler and tail section out of all the rubber hangers without too much problem. I then tried twisting, hammering and finally brute force and ignorance on getting the joint above the muffler apart. Worried I might do damage up toward the turbo, I enlisted help and we both tried together, for an hour or more to get it to budge, but no joy. I finally decided this thing would either stay on or come off for good and decided cut it right above the joint. In retrospect, below the joint would have left me the option of cutting out the last little piece later but no biggie.

My thoughts are that the truck is a little louder than I expected from some people's responses, or I'd like it to be, but not life threateningly so and I'm sure it'll help to make and weld a piece in later on to turn it out in front of the RR tire, or replace the whole thing with a proper turbo back. Either way, I'm not unhappy with the results and on a stretch it sounds great, I love the whistle of the turbo and still hear the sound of the wastegate chatter under deceleration, which I always thought was cool.

Thanks again for the input.

David.
99.5 F250PSD, CC, SB, 2WD, 6637, batt box and muffler delete.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad you like it. I have contemplated this also since I am still running stock exhaust.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:22 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
i've tossed my muff a while back and its never going back on, ecept for inspection then back off. love that V8 sound!!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Mike F250
Laughing Gas

I don't regret removing mine either. Actually just listed a flo-pro muffler on Cragslist today for free cause I'll never use it. Eventually going to go 4 inch without muffler.

Search this Thread