1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

exaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:10 AM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mudder84
ok i have a question about what would sound the best and i dont care about legal i have a 300 in my 84 f-150 and i got split 2 piece headers for it so i could have true strait pipes on it instead of a y coming out of the one and i was wondering what will give me the best sound and performance should i put glass packs on it only right out of the headers or what???
Do what you want. It's your truck and they have been putting duals on 6cyl engines since the 40's. It won't hurt anything just use a small exhaust pipe like a 2 inch or a little smaller

Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 AM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by uncle.stosh
I didn't miss your point.

The 300 I6 is and can be a very good motor. It just depends on what you are going to use it for.

I'd love to have one that's been mildly worked over in a slammed 2WD truck. Something that you could drive around town all day and got pretty respectable gas mileage.
I understand what you're saying. I love my 300. As it is right now it's not very quick, but I built it to pull. When I did the gear swap and I still had small tires, my truck would FLY off the line. When I had highway gears, she flew in the top end. It's all in how you have your truck set up.