Remote Starter Door Lock Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:59 AM
737ngdriver
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Starter Door Lock Wiring

I have a 2005 F250 without keyless entry and recently added a Prostart Remote starter. It works fine but I want to wire in the remote dor lock option. The remote starter has two -500mA outputs ( one for lock and one for unlock). At the door boot on the driver side is the lock wire to the switch (pink/yellow) and unlock wire (pink/lt green). Actually, according to the wiring diagrams I have, that's the wires that run between the driver's and passenger's door switch so that if you hit one switch, then both locks operate. I understand the I need two relays to add to the mix to reverse the polarity at the motor. So here's my question(s). (1) Can anyone provide me with info on how to wire up the relays. I wired it up according to the first schematic below that I got off another website, but not sure if the system I have is a "5 wire alternating 12 V Positive door lock system" or a "reverse polarity system". Should I try using the second schematic? And (2) Where do you tap in to get 12 volts for the relay coil etc., and (3) do I require diodes anywhere in this set up.

<CENTER></CENTER>
<!--Vacuum Type Door Locks-->

Old 10-29-2008, 05:27 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used the first diagram when I did my priority unlock. The second diagram will short out your switches if you have a five wire reverse polarity (which ford does like to use), it is commonly used for actuators without controls, such as if you were adding power locks.

You will need to run power from a fused source, I used my feed from my battery to alarm brain. I mounted the relays under the dash so I only had to pass two wires through the door (the relay outputs).

The test for 5wire reverse pol, is to cut one of the wires, if the lock your working on doesn't work, but the rest do then you have a five wire. The trick to this system is both wires are grounded at rest though the switch. When the switch rocks, one wire stays grounded and the other gets power, driving the motor in the actuator in one direction. For the opposite action, the wires reverse polarity and the motor spins backwards.