1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 09:44 PM
jimgiseljr
Freshman User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
New guy

Hello everyone; nice to be here and grateful for the opportunity to learn about my truck. Recently retired and picked up a 72 f250 highboy to restore ...well thats what the ownership says but having been into it since April I have uncovered a bunch of peculiarities that I can't wait to run past you in another forum. New to this so will take some time to figure out how and where to post etc...28 years ago I daily drove a 74 f250 camper special in village green...never let me down not once. Started every time in minus 40. Also had a 97 super duty with a 7.3

Thanks in advance

Old 10-06-2021, 07:19 AM
JanGom
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, glad to be part of this group, I just found this forum when I was looking for a solution for a small issue, I will use the search function for this. I just sold my wifes Landcruiser 1993 and bought a F250 King ranch with the 6.0L Powerstroke engine from 2006 with a no start problem, after some troubleshooting I discovered it was the IPR valve, I replaced it with a spare what was in the dashbord locker and it worked.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:04 PM
NorthwestTiffany
New User
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
New Gal!

Hello! Looking forward to getting to know folks! My name is Tiffany! I currently own a 2018 F150 STX with a V6 3.5L twin turbos. Last year I added a 6 inch lift and 35s. Sadly, the "trade-in light" recently came on (cam phasers are knockin'), so I placed an order for a 2022 F250 Lariat. I decided to go with the V8 7.3L, Tremor off-road package and black appearance package! I just received an updated production date today! I really appreciate the Super Duty tracking spreadsheet y'all have and will contribute my information. 🤘

Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2021, 09:30 PM
ray_nezt622
New User
Hello everyone,
My name is Raymond Neztsosie, a family man of Pinon, Arizona. Pinon is located in the northerneast of Arizona closes to Four Corners.
Me and wife own a Ford Truck for awhile now. We bought this truck brand new. It's a 2005 F150 5.4L 3V 4X4 Triton.
Over the years, it ran perfect. Until last year, the engine started to act up. An Auto mechanic told us, we needed a new timing chain for our truck.
Now, it's been replaced but something is wrong. It runs, but no power. We were told, we never should have boughten that truck. It's hard to fix or it will never be fixed
This is where, I have alot of question to ask. Special the Ford owners. This is why I join the club.

Old 10-06-2021, 09:42 PM
ray_nezt622
New User
Our ford truck, 05 f150 5.4l 3v triton has a new timing chain kit installed. But no power. An error code P0022. Can anybody tell me, what that means and what I need to do to fix that.
Please, need your help.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:49 AM
Razak
New User
Hy am new her to I have Ford trucks

Old 10-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Shrtypmp
New User
Angry 1984 ford 150 heat riser valve line

Can some one tell me where does the exhaust manifold heat riser valve line connect to on my 302 5.0 motor. Thanks

Old 10-08-2021, 11:51 AM
FnESeries
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New to us 2006 E350 cargo van

Found a 9/10ths beautiful cargo van with no rust and 100k on the green LEDs. Hoping to add some windows, seating and do some trips! I am sure I will have lots of questions for the forum so ttyl! and thanks for having me...

Old 10-08-2021, 03:53 PM
66_F250
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wallace the 66 - Drivers Side

New to FTE but see a ton of forum posts as I google various Ford topics over the years. Finally decided to join in the fun. Me and my son are restomodding a 79 F250 that's been in the family it's whole life. I also recently picked up a 66 F250 for myself. Plans at this point are to get it running and stopping and use it as a shop truck for a while until I decide I want to keep up with my sons 79 (very likely that plan will change once I get into the motor - but time will tell). I'm a small YouTuber with a growing following and will be putting all this work on the channel. HMU if you think you'd be interested in following along. I won't spam the group cuz I'm the new guy and don't know the rules.

Either way I'll be posting progress pics here and have already created the album for the 66 F250 from the day I picked him up. Wallace the 66 will run again!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-08-2021, 04:43 PM
MannyMax
New User
Arrow Looking for Parts to run in the Wind

I'm the new old guy. I have an 1978 Ford On a E-350 Chassis Motorhome. Live in Colorado.

1978 Ford 460cid engine 7.5L

Old 10-09-2021, 05:15 PM
Lancestanford
New User
Lance Stanford

Originally Posted by krewat
Hello all NEW users!

I've noticed a lot of new people posting in the OASIS request thread, and while I want to welcome each and every one of you to FTE, I don't want to do it in that thread.

So, WELCOME to FTE!
Whether or not you've recently joined or been lurking for years, POST HERE and introduce yourself!

Everyone else, feel free to post up and welcome our newest members, and be sure to bump the thread every day or two to keep it fresh in everyone's memory.

Also, it will help to notify anyone who subscribes to this thread that another new member has joined up.

Let the party begin! Remember to post specifics about your truck, make a gallery with pics and have some fun!

I’m glad to be on board from Mississippi and looking forward to owning a new Ford 450 soon. Ordering around Thanksgiving. Always been a Ford owner and fan. I fell to buying a cheaper option in July of 2019 to a Ram 3500 Longhorn Dually to pull my 5th wheel Camper. Just haven’t been happy with the mirror setup. Be glad to get back in the best made (Ford)

Old 10-09-2021, 09:07 PM
Jack Klesert
New User
New Posting, Old Member

I've been a member for a long time, under this handle, and under another which I can't remember the username, nor password. Only a different email. I've owned mostly Chevrolet's. My first car was a 1969 Checker, Second a 1965 Ford Galaxy, 1970 Plymouth Fury III, 1964 Rambler American, 4 Chevrolet Impala S/S (1962, 1963, 1964, and 1965). I also had 2 Chevrolet trucks (1/2 T, and 1 T), both with 4-speed manual transmission, on the floor. My current vehicle, my second Ford, a 1994 Ford F250 XLT, 7.5 L, E4OD transmission. Out of all the vehicles I've owned, this Ford truck has had the most problems, also being the most expensive. If I could, I'd get rid of it, and go back to Chevrolet. It's a typical Ford (Found On the Road Dead). No sooner do I repair one problem, another one pops up. I can't trust it to go on any long trips. Usually the farthest I go in a day is 20 miles. Last July on the 4th weekend, I went on a long trip (160 miles), and the front trans seal blew out. Got that problem fixed, and now 1 month later, the trans quit working completely. Just this past year, spent over $6,000.00. That's more than any total amount that I've ever paid on any of the other vehicles. I heard the saying 'Ford Tough'. Yeah, tough on the wallet.
My 2 main past occupations were Mechanic, and Truck Driver. In the Army, I was trained in Power Generator Repair, but worked with explosives, and chemicals (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical), at the N.B.C. School at Ft. Brag, N.C. I went to North Valley Occupational, General Motors, L.A. Trade Tech, and few other schools for mechanics. I worked at an auto shop for close to 6 years, 3 different schools as a school bus mechanic for almost 5 years, a gas station, and 2 trailer rental companies as a Power Generator Mechanic (Movie Movers, and Star Wagons). As a mechanic, my 2 specialties were electrical (non-computer systems), and brakes. I had to completely re-wire a 1974 Dodge Duster, front to rear. I was a Cab Driver, and Truck Driver for several years. As a Truck Driver, drove a variety of vehicles (stakebeds, box trucks, and 18 wheelers). On one job, I drove an 18 Wheeler (20', and 40' Trailers), and worked as a Truck Mechanic. Once while on the road, pulling the 40' Trailer, the wiring on the trailer burned up. I had to completely re-wire it.
For 20 years, I managed an apartment building (partly while working as a Truck Driver, locally, then later, while on disability). Now, permanently on disability, living in a Section'8' building, no longer able to work. In my building, they don't allow anyone to work on their vehicles. The auto parts stores also don't allow work done in the parking lot. And California has a law prohibiting working on your vehicle in the streets (I've gotten a ticket, once). So, even though I could do some of the repairs, there;s no place legal, to do them.
Now, in my spare time, I go hiking in the hills, go bicycling, gardening in my 600 square foot garden (rental lots), and am into photography (4 cameras, several lenses).

Old 10-10-2021, 04:21 PM
ManFordman2
Mountain Pass
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Jack Klesert
Sorry you've had a bad experience with your 94 F250. However, because it is 27 years old, a person can never be sure what problems are going to crop up regardless of the brand. I do wonder why you bought an F250 as you didn't give us any reason for the purchase. Hopefully, you have fixed all the major repairs for awhile and can now enjoy the vehicle. Too bad you can't work on your own vehicle. Seems like there should be businesses that let someone like yourself wrench on their place of business for a little bit of money. By the way, you do have pretty cool hobbies.

Old 10-10-2021, 06:16 PM
dtlpete
4wd Low
Intro

Hello everyone, new to this Forum. Just got a 1978 F150 Ranger that I will be having some questions about soon.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:14 PM
lemosjoe
New User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hello, not very active...

Hello,
A patriot from Las Vegas, NV who firmly believes in fighting to retain freedom and preserving the 🇺🇸American way🇺🇸
Haven't been very active on here, but log in occasionally to read various topics as time permits.

Owner of 3 Fords;
*2007 Lincoln Navigator Elite,
*2004 Ford Expedition Custom,
*1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature
Appreciate the site and permitting my membership.
Joe

My son crashed after helping me pump the brake pedal as I bled the brake system in the 2004 Ford Expedition Custom.

The following 2 users liked this post by lemosjoe:

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)