The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

How many of you have the country life?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
therifleman556
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by highboy87
hahaha.. yeah.. i know what you mean.. i got stuck in the snow a few weeks ago and my neighbor pulled me out and then went to chuch and told everyone i was still drunk from the night before...
Yeah, the snow is alot deeper outside the white lines!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Snowking
Post Fiend
Born and raised farm kid now driving a semi in the big city.... go figure

Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
rambuck
Senior User
I live in Jolietville, IN just north of Indy. It is real nice living so peaceful. I get to raise and show my sheep and my horse and couldn't imagine doing anything else. The only weird thing is that I have to go to a small city school, but some of my friends are VERY jealous that I live in the country.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
RebelSon
New User
I live about 50's miles away from the city limit The only store near me is a full services gas station

Old 03-31-2009, 12:10 PM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
I live 5miles outside of a town of 5000residents. I rent the second house on a 27acre property. The town has all the amenities and is only a 8 minute drive away, but my place is quite with room for the horses. Oh, and I have a great view of the mountains.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:55 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
I have the best of both worlds, a house in a subdivision that's relatively close to everything and property in the middle of nowere. Even my house is not really in the "big city". I'm in an outlying area of a city across the river from Cincinnati. Actually it would take me about 20-30 minutes to drive from the river to my house and still be in the same city.

If you were to rate how in the country you are by how many times you could fire a gun w/o the cops showing up, I'd say 2-3 shots in a row. At my property, if you aren't shooting they would probably come to see why not.

Mike

Old 03-31-2009, 08:24 PM
big_ford_rednek
Senior User
well.. if I were to use your rating, they would never show up. my neighbor shoots his 45-70 all the time, cops never show up, and same with my 270 and 8mm mauser. i can shoot box after box no problem. it dont matter if its 2 oclock in the morning or 2 in the after noon

Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 AM
93 mix 'n match
Posting Guru
ive got all 3 living conditions within 5 miles of me. i live right in the tri state area of NY,NJ, and PA.

in NJ, we have country. pure redneck.

in NY, we got th gangstas, bloods crips all that crap

and in PA, we got the rich stuck up kids.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match
ive got all 3 living conditions within 5 miles of me. i live right in the tri state area of NY,NJ, and PA.

Sounds like it's way past time for a move....

If government is the answer, it must have been a really stupid question.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Ford Major
Freshman User
Got it and love it!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:47 PM
BucksTrucks
Senior User
Im from Murphys Ca. A town of about 2000. The whole county had one stop light when I moved there. It is growing now though. There are 3 now. Now I live in Monterey, and it sure is fun pulling up next to Mercedes, BMWs and bentlys in a old red Ford truck.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:52 AM
classictrucknut
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the town i wass raised in had only three drivable roads two of which were gravels leading to the highway and the other was a well worn skidder(the machine used for pulling logs out of the woods) trail.there where 12 houses in the "city limits" 2 bars one was in a guys basement but he had a liquor license and our house didnt have a drive way. thats why daddy drove a 76 f150 with 6 inch lift and 36 inch tires cuz the snow got deep in the valley and we didnt own our own skidder. no city sewer or water everyone had a well and a septic tank. and in the winter uncle don drove us all to school on his skidder cuz he did have one i graduated in a class of 23 kids and thats from 3 towns we had a post office/bank/city hall/mayors(grandpa) office mail came on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays the bakn was open on tuesdays and thursdays and they put a shower in the mayors office because grandpas real job was breeding cows so he came to town meetings smelling like manure and grandma wouldnt let him eat unless he showered. now i live in a city of 30000 and it drives me batty. i hear sirens all the time, there have been three murderswithin a block of here in the last year and the air itself smells dirty. i havent seen a cow in months and the only wild life is the coons that get into the trash. but my wife likes it so i deal with it. scared the crap outta her when the opposum got in the dogs kennel out back and i put on a welding sleeve and grabbed it by the tail. she almost feinted when i asked if she wanted me to kill it and clean it for stew. tat might be why she dont want to move to the country shes scared of the strange things ill feed her and the odd animals shell see. we stayed at my aunt and uncles once and she lost her mind when the coyotes started howling. she thought they were wolves. then when we told her they were coyotes she asked if they were gonna try to hurt us or the animals. she turned so pale she almost went white when my uncle asked if she wanted to go with to hunt them. lets just say im a hillbilly in the city and i hate it

Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 AM
rambuck
Senior User
Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match

hahaha. You just have to come to Indiana for all that. No need to go to 3 states. I live in Hamilton County. I am where all the country, pure rednecks are in the northern and western parts, the gangstas and crap are all in Indianapolis, and the lllllllooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd eeeeeeeddddddddddddd people all live in carmel and are more stuck up than anywhere else in the country.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:45 PM
billy12360
Elder User
1500 people... 2 bars... 14 churches... a licore store... a high school, middle school and elementry school all built on one campus( just the elementry kids go to a different building) 3 sherriffs on day shift... and 2 on night... a saw mill the employs most of the town... and the sauk-suiattle indian tribe that hires around the same ammount of people as the mill... everyone else works 'down below' (meaning everett and seattle area generally microsoft or boeing) some small ranches and farms... but mostly logging companys... ive worked on 3 different ranches, the big mill, and the tribe is my current employer, working as a laborer...

i ran open headers on my truck for a month or 2 with out a cop even blinking an eye at me... weve had bon-fires in the middle of feilds and clear cuts, and the cops just sat at the end of the road making sure we where using the designated drivers... hunting and fishing... 4 wheelin... riding dirt bikes around town... 100s of miles of dirt roads...

i used to hates this town... but now i love it... Darrington, washington...

Old 06-27-2009, 06:06 PM
93 mix 'n match
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by billy12360
1500 people... 2 bars... 14 churches... a licore store... a high school, middle school and elementry school all built on one campus( just the elementry kids go to a different building) 3 sherriffs on day shift... and 2 on night... a saw mill the employs most of the town... and the sauk-suiattle indian tribe that hires around the same ammount of people as the mill... everyone else works 'down below' (meaning everett and seattle area generally microsoft or boeing) some small ranches and farms... but mostly logging companys... ive worked on 3 different ranches, the big mill, and the tribe is my current employer, working as a laborer...

i ran open headers on my truck for a month or 2 with out a cop even blinking an eye at me... weve had bon-fires in the middle of feilds and clear cuts, and the cops just sat at the end of the road making sure we where using the designated drivers... hunting and fishing... 4 wheelin... riding dirt bikes around town... 100s of miles of dirt roads...

i used to hates this town... but now i love it... Darrington, washington...
yup......im jealous.......

Quick Reply: How many of you have the country life?