The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

How many of you have the country life?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 AM
mxracer3276
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't say i live the country life, there really isn't much of that in NJ, but i have property and boy do i love it. I live on 10 acres out in the woods which used to have farms on the outskirts of it which was nice but that all got built up. Can do pretty much whatever i want on my property which is nice. The only problem with living here is that i am so close to the jersey shore which gets insane in the summer so that kind of sucks. There is all of these people coming to there shore in there Beamers and Benz' and they look at me funny in my lifted jeep or my F-350. Gotta love it!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Andy R.
Freshman User
I live outside of Titusville, Pa and went to school near Townville, Pa. Lots of small dairy farms, places to hunt and fish, in fact theres a trout stream with in walking distance of my house. Skeet club and gun club about 20 minutes from my home.

Now I'm at school at WVU and I miss the country. I look out my window now and see houses and pavement instead of hills and trees.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:50 PM
tobacco farmer
Senior User
What else is better???

My life is the country life. I have been raised on a farm my whole life thats what my whole family does fulltime.
Me and my dad have around 2,200 acres we raise 240 acres tobacco, 300 acres corn and 250 acres of soybeans, the rest is pasture and hay ground. We have 350 head of cattle and feed out our own calfs thru the winter. I wouldn't trade this life for nothing its what I love. The way I see it is we dont own it the lord does and we are put here to tend the little he has given us.
If it wasn't for the farmers there would be lots of hungry people.
The country life is the best in my own opinon.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
ghunt
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Andy R.
I live outside of Titusville, Pa and went to school near Townville, Pa. Lots of small dairy farms, places to hunt and fish, in fact theres a trout stream with in walking distance of my house. Skeet club and gun club about 20 minutes from my home.

Now I'm at school at WVU and I miss the country. I look out my window now and see houses and pavement instead of hills and trees.

Hey Andy, I live in Morgantown myself although I graduated several years ago (I'm 28, sshhh don't tell anyone).

Morgantown isn't too bad for a city! 10-15 minutes and you're outside town. Not bad IMO. I just hate the traffic. If you haven't, you should check out some of the sights around town. Cooper's Rock is a favorite of mine, and Dorsey's **** is really nice on a warm spring or summer evening.

By the way I grew up out in the boonies myself...Burton, WV. It's one of those "blink and you'll miss it" kinda towns, no intersections or anything. Up the road just a little ways is Hundred, where I went to high school. 170-ish kids in the whole school, I graduated in a class of 32 myself. Hundred has one intersection with a flashing red & yellow light. One gas station, one grocery store, a couple banks, and a Dollar General. heh.

I always loved it out there. Besides being beautiful, we lived down in a valley with the main road running through it and not much else. It was quiet and you could do just about whatever you wanted. Most noise you ever had to deal with was from passing Harley's, straight piped trucks, or the occasional semi. Closest big town is 30 miles from there. I miss it.

Nowadays I live in Morgantown, like I said, which is a town of about 40,000 when the students are in, and 20,000 when they aren't. It's not bad at all during the summer when the students are on, but I'll tell you that I definitely wouldn't do very well living in an actual "big" city! I've driven in Pittsburgh a few times and I hated it.

My dad and grandma still live out in Burton, so I go out there a fair bit to visit. I wish I could live out there, but I'd hate making that drive every day.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 PM
1994diesel
Elder User
I live in a small town called Guadalupe, it is in California not Mexico, although i feel like the only person who speaks english in this small little agricultural town.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 AM
EricW.
Senior User
Grown up in a town of 5k, currently at school in a city of 1.2mill (only 300k less than my home STATE)...

Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 AM
highboy87
Senior User
you guys don't know country, i live in a tiny town called howell in northern utah, 300 people, no gas station, only two paved roads, a church and a post office, the closest store is about 30 minutes away...

Old 01-31-2009, 04:55 PM
therifleman556
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by highboy87
you guys don't know country, i live in a tiny town called howell in northern utah, 300 people, no gas station, only two paved roads, a church and a post office, the closest store is about 30 minutes away...
The town I grew up in, Marytown Wisconsin, not even a town the sign says "unincorperated". I think it means less than two or three hundered. One bank, no post office, an automotive shop, and untill they redid the church driveway a couple of years ago (its on a pretty good sized hill) you could almost put your car in neutral and roll from church to the bar after mass on Saturday night. Come to think of it thats probably why they redid the driveway!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
highboy87
Senior User
well i live in utah, so there isn't a bar anywhere near a church.. haha. and the only thing close to a shop is at my buddies house. but we keep ourselves busy. we technically are a "village" not a town.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:05 PM
therifleman556
Posting Guru
Were Catholic here so you kinda gotta get a little hammered after mass to drown the guilt that the priest lays on you j/k. C'mon its Wisconsin, where isnt there a bar, even at home theres endless beer, as a matter of fact Im about to crack the top on my third Pabst Blue Ribbon as Im sitting here!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 AM
1994diesel
Elder User
mmm, yum...Beer. =)

Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 AM
highboy87
Senior User
you can't go wrong with some PBR. i'm drinking a bud light myself..

Old 02-01-2009, 08:28 AM
therifleman556
Posting Guru
I could never get into the Bud Light myself, I can't taste it! Sometimes when were out to eat everyone looks at me kinda weird cause by the second round I've ordered a PBR since I stopped tasting that Corona Extra half-way through the bottle. My daily driver (just and expression now guys!!) is Miller Lite, gotta support Milwaukee, or is it Africa now? I forget, its Sunday now, but I think I'll wait till about eleven this morning before I enjoy another...

Old 02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
IowanStraight6
Elder User
I live in small town Iowa, 1500 people, full service pump, elevator the every one knows everyone town. Lived here all my life wouldn't give it up for nothin, Only problem is that you can't get away with one thing without your parents eventually findin out about it, even if its in another town around us

Old 02-02-2009, 12:32 AM
highboy87
Senior User
hahaha.. yeah.. i know what you mean.. i got stuck in the snow a few weeks ago and my neighbor pulled me out and then went to chuch and told everyone i was still drunk from the night before...

Quick Reply: How many of you have the country life?