Interior Trim Color Chart

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:42 PM
FrankeeD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Trim Color Chart

Hi,

I saw your post on the interior trim color chart from Oct. 2008. It was quite helpful as I'm trying to figure out my color scheme but have a dilemma; maybe you can help.

My Excursion is 4H, Leather Captains Chairs, Medium Parchment. All of that matches. I guess Ford considers Parchment the light tan interior.

My dilemma is this; I'm looking for a wood grain/leather steering wheel to dress up the interior a little. I plan on using the airbag from my existing steering wheel. However, my existing steering wheel isn't really tan (parchment). It's a shade of gray and matches the front part of my dash and front cupholder color. The rest of the dash is tan (parchment).

Do you know if there is a color code for the steering wheel and secondary color of my dash?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

Old 10-04-2012, 02:04 PM
manalex
Freshman User
I realize this is an old thread, but I guess interiors haven't changed since it was started. I looked on the sticker on the door sill of my '99 F350 DWR. Under INT TR there is a "4X" code. I can not find any confirmation of the X color. I'd like to re-dye some of the worn areas of the dirver's seat and am looking to color match. I'm thinking its "medium praire tan" but I can not find any confirmation of this. Can any one point me to a color code for the interior? To further complicate things, the interior also has an accent color. I think the medium praire tan is the lighter of the two. It has a 00AX code acording to Ford.

Thanks in advance...

Old 12-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Ussmillerco
New User
Originally Posted by manalex
I realize this is an old thread, but I guess interiors haven't changed since it was started. I looked on the sticker on the door sill of my '99 F350 DWR. Under INT TR there is a "4X" code. I can not find any confirmation of the X color. I'd like to re-dye some of the worn areas of the dirver's seat and am looking to color match. I'm thinking its "medium praire tan" but I can not find any confirmation of this. Can any one point me to a color code for the interior? To further complicate things, the interior also has an accent color. I think the medium praire tan is the lighter of the two. It has a 00AX code acording to Ford.

Thanks in advance...

Super Duper old thread, but here is useful information. The 8x code is medium prairie tan, but the accent color isn’t listed, though I found SEM 15483 bluebird brown (I know....weird name...right!) is a nearly a spot on match, with a little more gloss than the original color. I sprayed a section of the accent colored inset to the door panel to test and aside from the higher gloss making it look richer it’s really close. Your results may vary, but it’s nearly identical here. The slightly higher gloss looks good too. Liken it to armor all without the gooey mess and dust magnet that it is. Your welcome!

Old 12-23-2019, 09:58 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,404 Likes on 1,787 Posts
Early 99 (manufactured in 1998), 1999, and (maybe, but no longer remember) 1999.5... had the Prairie Tan interior color family.

Model year 2000 through 2003 replaced the Prairie Tan family with the Parchment Tan family.

The grays remained consistent, called the Graphite family.

When I painted my triple pillar (years before the aftermarket began providing pre painted pillar pods), I picked up my interior spray paint directly from Ford.

For the 2000 tan palate, there was Parchment, Medium Parchment, Medium Dark Parchment, and Dark Parchment. Plus there was a plastic prep, and a plastic clear coat, required to get the right sheen.

As you can see, quite a few rattle cans involved to get the adhesion, the color, and the sheen to match, depending on which part was being painted. I painted several items inside the interior... the aftermarket brake controller, the Ford APCM (painted two toned, the bezels to the gauges are also two toned in the instrument cluster cover set in relief against the A pillar color, even the tweeters are two tone, where the ring is the instrument cluster cover color (darker) set in relief against the speaker grille (lighter) which is the door panel color.

Ford had a lot of different shades going on in what we summarize as "tan".

Old 12-24-2019, 11:43 AM
Ussmillerco
New User
I actually take some of what I said back, in painting one of the inset panels fully, the piece does have a slightly different hue and it actually is quite flat looking, still pretty close but for those wanting spot on color match, going the ford only method is probably your best bet. I’ll include a picture of the color matched up with original unpainted section for what it’s worth.

SEM Blue bird brown on end section followed by original color and sheen, not bad, but expect if going this way to paint all pieces to match, followed by a satin (higher gloss) cover coat.