General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

The OT

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:41 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zx250
Ya'll might have seen this but it was new to me today so here you go.

John was a salesman's delight when it came to any kind of unusual gimmick. His wife Marsha had long ago given up trying to get him to change. One day John came home with another one of his unusual purchases. It was a robot that John claimed was actually a lie detector. It was about 5:30 that afternoon when Tommy, their 11 year old son, returned home from school. Tommy was over 2 hours late. 'Where have you been? Why are you over 2 hours late getting home?' asked John. 'Several of us went to the library to work on an extra credit project,' said Tommy. The robot then walked around the table and slapped Tommy, knocking him completely out of his chair. 'Son,' said John, 'this robot is a lie detector, now tell us where you really were after school. 'We went to Bobby's house and watched a movie.' said Tommy. 'What did you watch?' asked Marsha. 'The Ten Commandments.' answered Tommy. The robot went around to Tommy and once again slapped him, knocking him off his chair once more. With his lip quivering, Tommy got up, sat down and said, 'I am sorry I lied. We really watched a tape called Sex Queen. 'I am ashamed of you son,' said John. 'When I was your age, I never lied to my parents. The robot then walked around to John and delivered a whack that nearly knocked him out of his chair. Marsha doubled over in laughter, almost in tears and said, 'Boy, did you ever ask for that one! You can't be too mad with Tommy. After all, he is your son!' With that the robot immediately walked around to Marsha and knocked her out of her chair.
That's funny Barry!

Whew. Finally caught up!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
That's funny Barry!

Whew. Finally caught up!
I've not seen it, so thanx. It was funny as hell and I did not see it coming.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
87 F-150 I6
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya'll might have seen this but it was new to me today so here you go.

John was a salesman's delight when it came to any kind of unusual gimmick. His wife Marsha had long ago given up trying to get him to change. One day John came home with another one of his unusual purchases. It was a robot that John claimed was actually a lie detector. It was about 5:30 that afternoon when Tommy, their 11 year old son, returned home from school. Tommy was over 2 hours late. 'Where have you been? Why are you over 2 hours late getting home?' asked John. 'Several of us went to the library to work on an extra credit project,' said Tommy. The robot then walked around the table and slapped Tommy, knocking him completely out of his chair. 'Son,' said John, 'this robot is a lie detector, now tell us where you really were after school. 'We went to Bobby's house and watched a movie.' said Tommy. 'What did you watch?' asked Marsha. 'The Ten Commandments.' answered Tommy. The robot went around to Tommy and once again slapped him, knocking him off his chair once more. With his lip quivering, Tommy got up, sat down and said, 'I am sorry I lied. We really watched a tape called Sex Queen. 'I am ashamed of you son,' said John. 'When I was your age, I never lied to my parents. The robot then walked around to John and delivered a whack that nearly knocked him out of his chair. Marsha doubled over in laughter, almost in tears and said, 'Boy, did you ever ask for that one! You can't be too mad with Tommy. After all, he is your son!' With that the robot immediately walked around to Marsha and knocked her out of her chair.

That made my day

Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jtharvey
Does the composite last longer though, and have less to maintain? I guess I'm thinking long term investment here. Would composite end up costing less in the long run?
That's what I'm hoping and I think Mark is right. Here's my honey do project from last fall.

Attached Images   
Old 10-22-2008, 01:07 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Barry- That joke was too funny and that deck looks GREAT!!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:08 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Very nice Barry. Is that step lighting on the risers?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
zx250
Originally Posted by liftedgrocerygetter
Barry- That joke was too funny and that deck looks GREAT!!!!
Thanks, I used to do manual labor and haven't forgot all of it.

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
Very nice Barry. Is that step lighting on the risers?
Yes, controlled by a photo cell.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice work Barry. You strike me as the type of guy who likes to get everything perfect within 1/8" too.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
That's what I'm hoping and I think Mark is right. Here's my honey do project from last fall.
This looks nice Barry, now get your fanny up on the roof and give us an overhead shot. I want to see the diamonds. I did that on my front porch on the last house I built for my family. I used Cedar, it was forty foot long and had a Cedar sided wall and sofffit too. My kids wanted me to put diamonds in the wall too, but I said hell no, I want to move in to this place someday.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
My little sister was on the local news last night and I thought I would share the video. She is the blonde that comes in half way through. It is on teen girls and knee injuries.

http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/m...ject=899024675

Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM
zx250
As long as it's close...... You're right, if I'm gonna do, I only want to do it once and do it right.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
lmao....

I see where all this Deck talk is going:
YouTube - Nice Deck

Old 10-22-2008, 01:26 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Izzy351
lmao....

I see where all this Deck talk is going:
YouTube - Nice Deck

DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by liftedgrocerygetter
My little sister was on the local news last night and I thought I would share the video. She is the blonde that comes in half way through. It is on teen girls and knee injuries.

http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/m...ject=899024675
Crappy way to get in the news. lol

zx250
[quote=Markadeck;6676118]This looks nice Barry, now get your fanny up on the roof and give us an overhead shot...........quote]

The overhead will have to wait. My left leg still decides to go numb once in a while (back surgery needed) and my roof is kinda steep. Plus, as you can see, my shrubs needs trimming bad.
The diamonds was a mistake, by me. I was showing my wife some designs I could do and made the mistake of saying I thought that would look cool. It was nothing but diamonds from then on. Then come the contrasting band and lights. Lots of extra framing for the band and diamonds I could have done without.

Quick Reply: The OT