Sponsored by: Moser

Fuel Updated

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM
drfelgood5
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Updated

Since im going through this truck which basically sat mostly over the last 3 years i figured id replace some fuel filters while i was tearing into this thing. My question is where are they. Or is this something i should splice into the existing fuel line and add.

1975 Ford f150 Ranger 390fe

Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 AM
IZZYAZ
Senior User
If it has the stock carb, there should be a screw in filter on the front side of the carb. Otherwise there may be an inline filter somewhere else if someone added one. Most of the time they are added just before the fuel pump. If there isn't one there I would add one since the truck sat for 3 years. That will keep crap out of the pump.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock location varied but were usually somewhere in line between the pump and the carb. What Izzy says about the small one at the carb inlet is true also. If that is your only one, I would add an inline as well.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM
drfelgood5
Junior User
Ok i just checked i do have one right before the fuel pump. Is this something from the factory i can get a replacement element at the parts store or do i just replace the whole thing.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
IZZYAZ
Senior User
I have a clear Napa brand filter before my pump. Not sure if they are factory or not, mine didn't have one when I installed it. The Napa one that I have only costs $3-$4. And if your not sure what your fuel system is doing (like mine) it's nice to have the clear one to give it a check ever now and then.