Sponsored by:

DIFF LOCKERS???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2000, 07:10 PM
Riley_7.5
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIFF LOCKERS???

yah i need some info on lockers on a 410 rear end.
who makes good one and how much $$ are they. thanks

Old 04-24-2000, 07:49 PM
Ford79
Lead Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DIFF LOCKERS???

I assume this locker will be going into your 95 F-250. If it is, the truck should have a 10.25 inch rear end.I don't know any prices on lockers but you can call Reider Racing on the prices. Their number is (734) 946-1330 for their tech line. They have Lock-Right, Detroit Locker and ARB Air Locker. I have Lock-Rights front and rear in my truck and they seem to work alright.Lock-Rights are fairly easy to install because they just replace the spider gears in the differential.The only problem I have heard about them is that they don't stand up to a lot of power and you shouldn't run tires larger than 33".I haven't had any problems with mine running a 425 horsepower 500 ft.lb. torque 460 and 35x15 Swampers.

Old 04-25-2000, 04:47 AM
Chuck P.
Elder User
DIFF LOCKERS???

Just to add a little to the above, the Detroit Locker is considered bulletproof, there are two different types, the standard and a "soft" locker which is suppose to keep the banging/chatter to a min., as compared to the standard. Not sure if it's available for the 10.25 rear(soft that is), the ARB is driver controlled from the cab but does require an on-board compressor and cost is more than any other type, plus at this time, when unlocked it is open. I think they are working on some type of limited slip for when the unit is unlocked(I looked at these really hard, but thought this was to much of a drawback for my type of drivin'/wheelin'). The lock-Right is the least expensive, but as posted above, the weak link is now the stock case. Ballpark pricing is around $425 for the Detroit, a little more for the ARB unit plus the cost of the compressor and needs air lines to and into the rear(must drill the housing) and the Lock-Right goes for around $250-$300 but can be installed in the drive/garage in a couple of hours. Please keep in mind that these are ballpark prices and you may find them a little higher or lower as it's been some time since I checked on these for myself, and that for a 9"(although I did look at pricing for other rears to compare)

Old 04-25-2000, 09:45 PM
steakman_usaf
Senior User
DIFF LOCKERS???