1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

dp tuner: high mpg's

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Erik Sink
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dp tuner: high mpg's

So I just put in my new 4 position dp tuner and gauges this past week. I drove it to my buddy's for the weekend and just got back. I drove about 110 miles on the highway cruising at about 65 mph, and ended up getting almost 21 mpg! I was getting like 16-17 before the chip, I was so surprised I almost didn't believe it until I punched the numbers in the calculator a couple more times! I left the tuner on the 80 hp-economy setting the whole way. Don't have a city driving mpg value yet, we'll see after this week.

Ended up getting the backlit ISSPRO pyrometer and boost gauges, and they look great, if anyone needs a pointer on how to get theirs wired up/thermocouple installed, let me know

Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
21 at 65 sounds about right i can get between 20-21 out of my truck with my superchips in tow safe

Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Norton72
Elder User
Where are those chips located and how can I tell if I have other-than-stock? I just bought this truck less than a week ago, ran the rear tank slap out of fuel and got a solid 20 MPG. More than that I'm sure because when I filled the tank back up I filled it all the way up into the filler tube.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Erik Sink
Junior User
A DP Tuner chip would be plugged in to your PCM (I assume this is how the other chips are implemented as well but I don't know, never had any experience with any besides DP Tuner). Your PCM is a computer that is located in the driver's side firewall, very close to the side panel, immediately behind the wheel well. It is holstered in a slot that is hidden behind your parking break; the only way to get to it is to pop the mud guard down and slide it out from the engine compartment side. The DP Tuner chip plugs in to a slot on the edge of the circuit board inside of the silver PCM box. Instructions and pics can be found here: DP TUNER